Category Archives: Ukraine
- Friday, March 21, 2014 – Russia formally annexed Crimea.
- Saturday, March 22, 2014 – Russian troops stormed and captured a Ukrainian naval base at Novofedorivka and a Ukrainian airbase near Sevastopol.
“The question facing the White House now is whether actions that have done little to stop Russia from claiming Crimea are tough enough to stop further escalations by Moscow.”
Only on Planet Barack is farting in the general direction of a well-armed and aggressive bully described as “toughness.”
Terrell got it right in today’s AfterMath toon.
BREAKING: The Russian Parliament just gave President Vladimir Putin a green light to use “the armed forces of the Russian Federation on the territory of Ukraine.”
Maybe this is what he meant when he said he could be more “flexible” after he got re-elected.
Russia has placed 2,000 troops in Crimea, within the borders of Ukraine.
President “Pantywaist” Obama isn’t going to lift a finger.
Feb 28, 2014: Obama Tells the World We Aren’t Going to Do Anything About Invasion of Ukraine
Back in 2008, Sarah Palin saw this from her house:
October 21, 2008: “After the Russian army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama’s reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence – the kind of response that would only encourage Russia’s Putin to invade Ukraine next.” GOP VP candidate Sarah Palin, Reno, Nevada
What … was it a slow sports day or something?
When a pro basketball player announced he prefers men, Barack Obama picked up the phone right away to express his personal support for the guy’s “bravery.”
But when people take to the freezing wintry streets of Kiev because their government has gone all jackboot on them and then STAY there in the bitter cold, week after week after week, despite the government’s brutality, Barack Obama doesn’t say a thing for THREE MONTHS.
Then, when he (or someone?) finally decides, Hey, people are noticing we aren’t saying anything about this, it isn’t Obama himself who gets up to speak. It’s his lackey Press Secretary. And the most important thing he’s got to say is, Wow, those IMAGES of guys with automatic weapons sure are disturbing.
The only way I can express how I feel about this administration is by using a revolting word for a disgusting act I learned about by accident the other day playing SCRABBLE. But since I truly wish I could’ve NEVER KNOWN the word or the act even EXISTED, I’m not going to go there. You’re welcome.
Kiev Protest Timeline
- Nov. 21, 2013: When Ukraine President Yanukovych’s government announces it is abandoning the European Union in favor of closer ties with Russia, protesters take to the streets.
- Nov. 30, 2013: Police brutally attack a group of protesters. Images galvanize public support for the demonstrations.
- Dec. 1, 2013: 300,000 protesters congregate in Kiev and seize City Hall.
- Jan. 22, 2014: Harsh new anti-protest laws set off violence. Three protesters die during confrontations with police
- Jan. 28, 2014: Ukraine’s Prime Minister resigns and the parliament repeals the new anti-protest laws.
- Feb. 16, 2014: Protesters give back Kiev City Hall in exchange for the release of all 234 jailed protesters.
- Feb. 18, 2014: When parliament stalls on taking up a promised constitutional reform to limit presidential powers, protesters attack police lines and set fires. Riot police respond by trying to push protesters off Independence Square. At least 26 (including 10 police) are killed.
- Feb. 20, 2014: Hours after a truce is announced, fierce clashes erupt again between protesters and police, with numerous casualties.