Fox Airs New Gruber Video: Voters ‘Too Stupid to Understand the Difference’ [3:43]
- Nov 2014: FOX News’ Megyn Kelly reports on the Gruber videos. Note how in the second Gruber video he is wearing a microphone. So much for his “off the cuff remark” spin.
- “This bill was written explicitly so CBO would not score the mandate as taxes.” Yet when the bill landed at the Supreme Court, the Democrats were suddenly very much on board with, “Yes, it’s a tax.” Because if it wasn’t a tax, then Congress had no right to pass it!
- “Credible, unbiased sources” … NOT! The administration paid Gruber $400,000 to pimp the bill. Obama used Gruber’s fakey language to “prove” the 2013 Lie of the Year that “if you like your plan, you can keep your plan.”
3 Jonathan Gruber Videos: Americans “Too Stupid to Understand” [2:08]
- “Clever exploitation of the lack of economic understanding of the American voter.” Note again that two of these three show him speaking while walking around in front of chalk boards with microphones. The backgrounds are similar, but his ties and microphones are different, so it’s clearly two separate presentations.
2014: Pelosi denies knowing who Jonathan Gruber is [2:04]
- “His comments are a year old.” So WHAT?! He was talking about what he had done FIVE years before.
- “9.5 million people will have health insurance who didn’t before.” This ignores
- the FACT that 5+ million taxpaying American citizens who LOST policies they liked and wanted to keep and/or have had huge hikes in premium and deductibles.
- the FACT that a huge percentage of these new enrollees are not taxpayers, are not paying premiums and/or are not even in the US legally,
- the FACT that many uninsured Americans (like my husband) still cannot afford a policy, but now are being FINED for not having one!
- TRY sneaking into Canada or Mexico and demanding they provide you with free health care. Go ahead, Nancy. Try it. I dare you.
2009: Pelosi tells Americans to read Gruber’s ObamaCare analysis [2:04]
- So much for “I don’t know who he is” (at 1:00) …
Jonathan Gruber was used by the Democrats to pimp the bill; what was not revealed was that the man was being PAID by the WH to do so! Democrats knew the bill was horrible; that’s why they had to LIE and CHEAT to get it passed. That’s why Nancy Pelosi once said we had to PASS the bill so we could “find out what’s in it” [:53]
- Remember when Obama promised ALL legislation would be online before Congress voted, so Americans could read it and tell their representatives what they thought about it? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
February 18, 2011: For a real life peek at just how arrogant Leftists are, watch Chairman Mark Larson (D-Burlington) read a letter from a Vermont constituent concerned about a single-payer system and the mockery of that ensues. (Keep in mind that every single thing this constituent cited has been proven again and again wherever single-payer has been tried.) Gruber snarks about the list of concerns: “Was this written by my adolescent children by any chance?” More laughter.
The CBO’s latest report
ANOTHER VIDEO of Gruber bragging about lying. Embedded @
Sorry for the unpleasant image, but I am SO DISGUSTED by this.
James O’Keefe, the guerilla filmmaker who brought down the ACORN voter-registration fraudsters in 2010 and forced the resignation of NPR executives, has just released new footage.
Project Veritas: Mark Udall Advocates Condone Voter Fraud
The following is from John Fund, co-author of Who’s Counting? How Fraudsters and Bureaucrats Put Your Vote at Risk.
“Secretary of State Gessler had futile arguments with Democratic state legislators last year who insisted on ramming a bill through that mandated Colorado become the only state in the nation with both all-mail balloting and same-day registration. Under same-day registration someone can register to vote online, have a mail ballot sent to them, and never physically show up to register or vote. Other places that use same-day registration treat the vote as a provisional ballot pending verification. Colorado immediately counts the vote and there is no way to separate it out if the person who votes is later found ineligible.”
“Last December, New York City’s Department of Investigation detailed how its undercover agents claimed at 63 polling places to be individuals who were in fact dead, had moved out of town, or who were in jail. In 61 instances, or 97 percent of the time, they were allowed to vote. (To avoid skewing results, they voted only for nonexistent write-in candidates.) How did the city’s Board of Elections respond? Did it immediately probe and reform their sloppy procedures? Not at all. It instead demanded that the investigators be prosecuted.”
“In 2008, the Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of voter-ID laws in a 6–3 opinion written by John Paul Stevens, then the most liberal member of the court. He noted that the record ‘demonstrates that not only is the risk of voter fraud real but that it could affect the outcome of a close election’. Stevens had witnessed the Daley machine up close manipulate local elections through fraud and chicanery during a distinguished legal career in Chicago that included serving both as a special counsel to a commission rooting out corruption and as a judge.”
- Inexplicably, Democrat Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid co-sponsored the bill, then was the sole Democrat who VOTED AGAINST IT!
- Among those who voted FOR the bill were Democrat Pennsylvania Sen. Bob Casey, who ran as a pro-life advocate in 2006 and 2012, and three Republicans who ran on the Republican anti-abortion platform.
July 16, 2014: Senator Blunt Debunks Democrats’ False Claims [13:28]
On Wednesday, July 16, 2014, U.S. Senator Roy Blunt (Mo.) spoke on the U.S. Senate floor to debunk false claims made by Senate Democrats regarding the Burwell v. Hobby Lobby Supreme Court ruling, which found that the Obama Administration infringed on Americans’ First Amendment right to freedom of religion.
This speech is longish (13+ minutes) but very much worth listening to, because he explains just how much the Democrat Party has CHANGED in just the past ten years.
“Everybody is entitled to his own opinion. But everybody is not entitled to his own facts.”
“All liars will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur.” -Revelation 21:8
Megyn Kelly SLAMS Nancy Pelosi
Even the left-leaning Politifact was forced to admit Pelosi’s statement was FALSE.
The Leftstream media keeps calling Barack Obama a “Constitutional lawyer”, as if this somehow makes him qualified to stick his nose in the air and sneer at SCOTUS decisions he doesn’t like.
But the fact is that Barack Obama was never a professor of Constitutional Law and never once argued a case before the Supreme Court. He isn’t even licensed to practice law, having surrendered that right in 2008.
The most common reason for a lawyer to “retire” at such a young age is to avoid being brought up on charges. In his autobiography, Obama says he was known for years as Barry Soetoro and that he used marijuana and cocaine. On his bar application, he said he had never used another name nor used drugs. Lying on your bar application is grounds for disbarment. Obama avoided having this on his record by voluntarily retiring.
It’s been a good couple of weeks for the Constitution. Coming right on the heels of two unanimous Supreme Court smack downs of Obama’s federal over-reach, SCOTUS ruled that non-union home healthcare workers cannot be forced to pay union dues and that closely held corporations cannot be forced to violate their religious beliefs.
Had Hobby Lobby lost their case against the HHS mandate, the Green family might well have shut the corporation down rather than violate their beliefs. That would have been 572 stores closed nationwide, and thousands of jobs lost.
Other business owners were waiting for the decision as well. E.g., Autocam which employs 1,500 worldwide and 660 employees in the U.S. Their case was also headed to SCOTUS, but it is so similar that the Hobby Lobby decision basically settles it in their favor.
The Left-Wingers demonstrated their well-known passion for civility and tolerance by misrepresenting the decision as “preventing women from having access to birth control” and threatening (with lots of profanity) to burn down Hobby Lobby stores.
The pathologically lying ignoramus otherwise known as Obamacrat Senator, Barbara “don’t call me ma’am” Boxer, sneered at the SCOTUS decision, making the “case” that Hobby Lobby never filed “moral objection to men getting viagra” and that “vaccines may be next.”
Best tweet responses:
- Boxer is so dumb, her strawmen need Viagra to stand up.
- Protip: If you have to bring Viagra into a discussion about birth control, you don’t really have any idea of what you’re talking about.
- Too bad Boxer and the Party of Science don’t have time to do actual research before they open their mouths.
- 1) #HobbyLobby already covers birth control. 2) Viagra doesn’t abort babies. #derp
- Viagra brings things to life; abortifacients, quite the opposite.
- Why is no Leftie worried about a woman’s right to the free practice of her religion?
For the record, Hobby Lobby pays for insurance coverage for more than a dozen forms of contraception. Their objection was to paying for chemical abortion drugs (RU-486, Plan B, the Morning After Pill) which Lefties mis-classify as contraception.
A concise list of Leftie Lies and the actual True Facts about
Sebelius Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
“I have never understood why it is ‘greed’ to want to keep the money you have earned but ‘not greed’ to want to take somebody else’s money.” ― Thomas Sowell, Barbarians inside the Gates and Other Controversial Essays
If Obama’s Department of Justice had been successful in these cases, the federal government would now have the power to:
• Attach a GPS to a citizen’s vehicle to monitor his movements, without having any cause to believe that person committed a crime (United States v. Jones).
• Deprive landowners of the right to challenge potential government fines as high as $75,000 per day and eliminate their ability to have a hearing to challenge those fines (Sackett v. EPA).
• Interfere with a church’s selection of its own ministers (Hosanna-Tabor Evangelical Lutheran Church & School v. EEOC).
• Override state law whenever the President desires (Arizona v. United States).
• Dramatically extend statutes of limitations to impose penalties for acts committed decades ago (Gabelli v. SEC).
• Destroy private property without paying just compensation (Arkansas Fish & Game Commission vs. United States).
• Impose double income taxation (PPL Corp. v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue).
• Limit a property owner’s constitutional defenses (Horne v. USDA).
• Drastically expand federal criminal law (Sekhar v. United States).
• Charge petty crimes as terrorism under federal law (Bond v. United States).
• Discover regulatory powers beyond the intention of statutes passed by Congress (Utility Air Regulatory Group v. EPA).
• Ignore the Senate’s right to oversee all presidential appointments (NLRB v. Canning).
To give you a flavor for the aggressive overreach these cases represent:
- Bond v. United States: Bond had smeared a couple of toxic chemicals on surfaces her husband’s mistress was likely to touch and gave the woman a mild rash. The feds actually charged her with possession and use of a chemical weapon! SCOTUS ruled unanimously that this was unconstitutional.
- Utility Air Regulatory Group v. EPA: The EPA decided to regulate carbon dioxide to such a degree that it would essentially bring construction to a halt nationwide. SCOTUS condemned the EPA’s attempt to go far beyond the bounds of what the legislation passed by Congress ever intended or allowed.
Senator Mike Lee (R-UT) says these twelve defeats represent only “the tip of the iceberg” because more cases concerning presidential overreach are still working their way up to the Supreme Court.
The Legal Limit: The Obama Administration’s Attempts to Expand Federal Power
By U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX), Ranking Member, Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on The Constitution, civil Rights and Human Rights http://www.cruz.senate.gov/files/documents/The%20Legal%20Limit/The%20Legal%20Limit%20Report%201.pdf
Court rules against Obama – June 2, 2014
Obama EPA Suffers Humiliating Defeat at SCOTUS – June 24, 2014
Obama Suffers 12th Unanimous Defeat at Supreme Court By Joel Gehrke – June 26, 2014