Also a liar and a thief and a whole lot of other unsavory things that will no doubt earn him a toasty spot in Hell. The fact that Harry Reid isn’t in jail is just one more point in favor of my theory about the power of George Soros and his fellow Progressive PTBs who put these Obamacrooks in office to ensure the destruction of the United States and the rise of the One World Government. May they all rot in Hell with Harry.
April 21, 2015 – Dana Perino: Harry Reid is an “absolutely poisonous figure in Washington DC”
Good Riddance! The 7 Worst Harry Reid Blunders by Krystal Heath and Steven Crowder with annotations by CtH – March 28, 2015
We’ve sorted through the laundry list of Harry Reid scandals and narrowed it down to 7 best worst moments you may have forgotten…
1. Reid’s Bridge to Nowhere – was really a bridge to somewhere. That somewhere being his own, undeveloped desert land. Self-serving much?
The huge 2005 federal transportation bill included an $18 Million earmark for construction of a bridge that would significantly increase the value of 160 acres of land personally owned by Senator Harry Reid. Reid said his support for the earmark funds had absolutely nothing to do with the property he owns. Pull the other one, Harry. http://www.latimes.com/world/la-na-earmarks13nov13-story.html#page=1
2. Tens of millions to his son Rory – via highly questionable political gerrymandering. Having DHS rush visa applications on a $115 million deal was one instance. Then there was that Chinese solar plant in the desert issue. Yikes.
Reid pressured a compliant DHS official to override normal departmental procedures and rush through foreign visa applications for big money Las Vegas investors who had hired his son. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/26/harry-reid-pressured-dhs-to-expedite-115-million-foreign-investors-eb-5-visa-deal-critical-to-sons-casino-client/
Rory Reid also worked for a Chinese solar energy firm that was able to purchase for only $4.5 Million public lands appraised at $38.6 Million. Senator Reid used a 2011 trip to China to influence the Chinese company. http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/energy/item/12730-harry-reid-bolsters-son%E2%80%99s-interests-in-chinese-solar-plant-deal
3. The $600,000 bribe – apparently the price to make a federal investigation quietly disappear. Did Harry Reid accept it? Was it all a farce? Read all about it.
A Utah businessman says the Utah AG and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid asked for $600,000 to make a federal investigation into his company quietly disappear. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/12/indicted-businessman-names-harry-reid-as-alleged-recipient-of-massive-bribe/
4. The lies – about being pro-life, about Mitt Romney, about … his own words. NARAL Pro-Choice America gave Harry Reid a 100% rating. Mitt Romney, contrary to what Senator Reid told us, did in fact pay his taxes. And if you lost your health plan due to Obamacare, Harry Reid called you a liar. Then two days later, he said he never actually called you a liar.
Reid has claimed to be a devout Mormon who adheres to his religion’s defense for life. But NARAL Pro-Choice America regularly gives him a 100% “We Love Harry” rating while the National Right to Life Committee gives him a 0% rating. http://votesmart.org/candidate/evaluations/53320/harry-reid#.VTk5hPB3D1n
In August 2012, Harry Reid announced on the floor of the U.S. Senate, “The word’s out that he [Romney] hasn’t paid any taxes for 10 years.” Reid refused to provide any evidence, probably because there isn’t any. In 2011 alone, Romney paid $1.9 million in taxes. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/03/31/harry-reids-appalling-defense-of-his-attack-on-mitt-romneys-tax-record/
Reid refused to apologize for slandering Romney. “He didn’t win, did he?”
On February 26, 2014, C-SPAN recorded Reid saying from the Senate floor: “We heard about the evils of Obamacare, about the lives it’s ruining in Republicans’ stump speeches and in ads paid for by oil magnates, the Koch brothers. But in those tales, turned out to be just that: tales, stories made up from whole cloth, lies distorted by the Republicans to grab headlines or make political advertisements. There’s plenty of horror stories being told. All of them are untrue, but they’re being told all over America.” On March 26, 2014, again from the Senate floor, he said he never said any such thing. http://www.mrctv.org/videos/harry-reid-obamacare-horror-stories-not-true
Reid: “Republicans lie about Obamacare” then “I never said Republicans lie about Obamacare”
5. Tourists are smelly – no, really. He called DC tourists “smelly.”
Harry doesn’t like smelly tourists.
6. “Evil mongers.” That’s what Senator Reid calls individuals who exercise their First Amendment rights. Because we all know that free speech is evil, right? Right?!
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid characterized people who are disrupting town halls with “lies, innuendo and rumor” as “evil-mongers.” The next day, he sniggered about it, saying the term was original with him. http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/08/13/nineteen-minutes-in-a-car-with-harry-reid/
7. Christmas bonuses from campaign funds. It’s illegal. But hey, the law never stopped Harry Reid before. And besides, you didn’t expect the Scrooge to use his own dough for Christmas gifts, did you?
Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid paid cash for a $750,000 condo at the Ritz-Carlton where he lives. But when he gave Christmas bonuses to the doorman and other support staff, he used campaign donations instead of his own money. Federal law prohibits candidates from using political donations for personal use. http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-10-17-reid-christmas-bonuses_x.htm