Tweet – Obama Care will cost $2.6 Trillion but will reduce the number of uninsured from 36 to 30 million. That’s $433,333 per policy.
Tweet – I’d like to think that the judge who spoiled @MikeBloomberg’s fun did so on principle. But more likely, he was acting out of Sprite.
Tweet – People flipping out that the Pope supports traditional families…you are actually upset that the Pope is, in fact, Catholic.
Tweet – Libs: “The Pope is letting his Catholicism get in the way of progress! How dare he?! PROG RAGE!”
Tweet – Dear MSM: We Catholics cannot change the dogma we have received from Christ and the Apostles to suit your personal sin preferences.
Getting the planks out of their own eyes
Tweet – Has Obama congratulated the new Pope yet with a picture of himself?
Tweet – Someone made a joke about the Pope? Let’s burn down an embassy! <- Things that never happen.
Consistent moral values
Biden: Garden Variety Slap [:33]
Tweet – “Garden variety” slapping?!? That is a thing? If that doesn’t make abuse of women sound benign, I don’t know what does.
Tweet – It wasn’t a slap-slap, just a #gardenvariety slap.
Tweet – You’d think Biden’s casual familiarity with “garden variety” domestic abuse would concern people.
Tweet – If Dick Cheney had ever uttered the phrase “garden variety slap across the face,” it would still be on the front page of the New York Times today.
Some of the Left’s outspoken opponents of the 2d Amendment include:
- New York’s Mayor Bloomberg … who has a 24/7 armed body guard provided by taxpayers, a guard that he takes with him when he travels even to Bermuda where guns are largely forbidden.
- New York’s Senator Chuck Schumer … who not only possesses an unrestricted pistol permit for his concealed personal weapon, but who also charges off the cost of his armed body guards to the taxpayers of New York.
- California’s Senator Diane Feinstein … who has an unrestricted concealed weapons permit and is apparently incapable of shame. When she participated in a publicized gun turn-in program she contributed a cheap model for the meltdown, while retaining her .357 magnum revolver.
- Columnist Carl Rowan … who having oft opined about the evils of firearms ownership, secretly possessed a license to own firearms, one of which he used to wound a white teenager he caught trespassing on his property. (The kid said he wanted to take a dip in the pool.)
- Rosie O’Donnell … who has three armed bodyguards who protect herself and her family.
From the unhypocritical side of the aisle …
The National Association of Chiefs of Police recently conducted a poll of its members:
- 96% believe criminals obtain firearms from illegal sources;
- 72% say citizens should not be restricted from purchasing more than one weapon;
- 64% favor a law allowing private citizens to carry concealed firearms for protection.
Why not just declare “gun-free” zones around our elected officials & save tax dollars by cutting their security teams?
Joshua Boston, a retired Corporal in the U.S. Marine Corps, posted an open letter to Senator Feinstein informing her that he will not register his weapons nor does he believe the Senator or anyone else in government has the right to require him to do so.
I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America. I am the man who fought for my country. … I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public. We, the people, deserve better than you.
In the wake of the Newtown horror, New York City’s Mayor Michael Bloomberg (who has 24/7 armed bodyguards) predictably demanded “immediate action” to disarm law-abiding Americans, allegedly in the quest to protect the unarmed from the unlawful.
The same day, the family of Brian Terry filed a 25 million dollar wrongful death lawsuit against Obama’s Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) officials, who cooked up the bizarre “Fast and Furious” plan to spend American taxpayers’ money on arming Mexico’s violent drug cartels. One of the guns purchased via this allegedly anti-gun Obama administration’s program was used to murder Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.
The lawsuit alleges the ATF officials and federal prosecutor created a risk to law enforcement officers such as Terry, that the firearms agents should have known their actions would lead to injuries and deaths to civilians and police officers in America and Mexico, and that the government tried to cover up the link between Terry’s death and the botched “Fast and Furious” program.
Meanwhile, anti-gun Leftists seem to be all in favor of gun violence, provided it only kills people they don’t like.
The mass murder in Aurora, Colorado, has brought forth the usual Leftist calls for more gun control legislation. Obama is no exception, weeping crocodile tears for
“the dozens gunned down on the streets of Chicago and Atlanta, and here in New Orleans … Milwaukee or Cleveland.”
Romney made a different, and to my mind more common sense, point.
“A lot of what this … young man did was clearly against the law. But the fact that it was against the law did not prevent it from happening.”
Chrissy’s Site Bites @ http://news.webshots.com/photo/2737828150056011884njIvzz
Click on graphic to embiggen.
If you like this, you might also enjoy @ https://polination.wordpress.com/2012/07/21/would-you-feel-safer/