On September 11, 2012, Islamic militants attacked the American diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya. Four Americans died.
- VIDEO LIE = On September 14, 2012, then-White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said, “We have no information to suggest that it was a preplanned attack. The unrest we’ve seen around the region has been in reaction to a video that Muslims, many Muslims find offensive.”
- VIDEO LIE = On September 15, 2012, the Benghazi families report that President Obama, then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and other Obama officials told them, to their faces, as they stood next to their sons’ caskets, that the attack had been due to a protest over an anti-Muslim YouTube video.
- VIDEO LIE = On September 16, 2012, then-U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice appeared on five major interview shows to discuss the attacks. She blamed the video.
- VIDEO LIE = On September 18, 2012, then-Press Secretary Jay Carney said, “We saw no evidence to back up claims by others that this was a pre-planned or premeditated attack. … We saw evidence that it was sparked by the reaction to this video. And that is what we know thus far based on the evidence, concrete evidence.”
- VIDEO LIE = On September 20, 2012, President Obama said, “What we do know is that the natural protests that arose because of the outrage over the video were used as an excuse by extremists to see if they can also directly harm U.S. interests.”
- VIDEO LIE = On September 25, 2012, President Obama spoke before the United Nations General Assembly and again condemned the video.
Testimony before Congress and emails obtained through FOIA show that President Obama and then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton absolutely knew … from the get-go … that Benghazi was a pre-planned terror attack and that they actively pimped the video lie to save Obama’s re-election campaign.
Now, to add insult to injury, Hillary Clinton is denying that she ever told the video lie to the Benghazi families.
Dec 6, 2015: Hillary Clinton: I Didn’t Lie to Benghazi Families – ABC This Week
In response, Tyrone Woods’ dad showed the diary entry he wrote that day, an account that has been affirmed by three other relatives who were present at the meeting.
Sean Smith’s mother says it’s Hillary who is lying and that it wasn’t just Clinton, but also President Obama, Vice President Biden, Ambassador Rice, and then-Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta who told her the attack had been sparked by an anti-Muslim video.
“I went up to all of them, begging them to tell me what happened, and they all said that it was the video — every one of them.”
January 13, 2016: Family Members of Benghazi Victims React to ’13 Hours’ Film – The Kelly File