Lefties rant and spew about how the eeeeeevil Koch brothers allegedly buy elections for Republicans and MUST BE STOPPED.
One might suppose from the fact that Democrats have dominated the federal political scene since January 2007 that the Koch brothers are rather ineffective morons. But that’s neither here nor there, since Open Secrets has compiled a list of actual Big Bucks Donors.
The Koch brothers are waaaaay down at #59. And six of the top ten are UNIONS that donated to Democrats 15 times what the Koch brothers donated to Republicans.
Facts can be so messy. This is no doubt why the Left avoids them as much as possible.
Full list of donors @ http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php. N.b., All donors listed at Open Secrets are linked to pages that describe the nature of the group. I compiled a simplified version of the Open Secrets list using this methodology:
- I ignored all donations less than 70% to a single party.
- I rounded the total up or down, then multiplied by the >70% figure given and rounded the answer.
- I ignored minority donations (less than 30%) for simplicity’s sake.
The breakdown I made of the TOP 100 DONOR TOTALS for the past 15 years that I used in my graphic:
$605 Million donated to Democrats by UNIONS and TRADE ASSOCIATIONS that gave 70% or more of total donations to ONE party.
- $49 Million : American Fedn of State, County & Municipal Employees
- $40 Million : Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- $33 Million : National Education Assn
- $33 Million : American Federation of Teachers
- $32 Million : Service Employees International Union
- $32 Million : Laborers Union
- $32 Million : Teamsters Union
- $31 Million : Communications Workers of America
- $30 Million : United Auto Workers
- $30 Million : Machinists & Aerospace Workers Union
- $29 Million : Carpenter &Joiners Union
- $29 Million : United Food & Commercial Workers Union
- $22 Million : National Assn of Letter Carriers
- $21 Million : Sheet Metal Workers Union
- $20 Million : Plumbers & Pipefitters Union
- $19 Million : Operating Engineers Union
- $18 Million : International Assn of Fire Fighters
- $17 Million : Air Line Pilots Assn
- $16 Million : Ironworkers Union
- $16 Million : United Steelworkers
- $15 Million : American Postal Workers Union
- $15 Million : United Transportation Union
- $14 Million : American Assn for Justice (Defense attorneys)
- $12 Million : National Air Traffic Controllers Assn
$157 Million donated to Democrats by CORPORATIONS, PACS and one PUBLIC UNIVERSITY that gave 70% or more of total donations to ONE party.
- $97 Million : ActBlue (Bundler of on-line donations to Democrats)
- $30 Million : EMILY’s List (Pro-Abortion)
- $17 Million : Time Warner
- $13 Million : University of California
$25 Million donated to Republicans by UNIONS and TRADE ASSOCIATIONS that gave 70% or more of total donations to ONE party.
- $14 Million : Associated Builders & Contractors
- $11 Million : National Restaurant Assn
$123 Million donated to Republicans by CORPORATIONS and PACs that gave 70% or more of total donations to ONE party.
- $17 Million : Altria Group (Philip Morris)
- $16 Million : Koch Industries
- $16 Million : National Rifle Assn
- $16 Million : Club for Growth (Fiscal conservatives)
- $14 Million : Union Pacific Corp
- $13 Million : Exxon Mobil
- $12 Million : Reynolds American
- $10 Million : American Financial Group (Carl H. Lindner)
- $ 9 Million : Southern Co (Utility)
I think there is a “hanging on to the dream” thing going on here that would’ve been easier to see if they had split the results by voting ages in 2008 and 2012. Nobody likes to admit they were wrong, especially when they’ve invested themselves in it. I volunteered for Carter’s campaign, but not a whole lot, cuz I was busy with school and a job. Still, it took me years to admit he had been a crappy president.
About the Harvard poll: Conceived by two Harvard undergraduate students during the winter of 1999, Harvard University’s Institute of Politics Survey of Young Americans’ Attitudes toward Politics and Public Service began in 2000 as a national survey of 18- to 24-year old college undergraduates. Over the last 13 years, this research project has grown in scope and mission, as we now analyze 18- to 29-year olds on a broad set of longitudinal and current events issues.
About the Youth Vote:
The Republican candidate for Virginia’s next Lt. Governor is Conservative Black Christian, E.W. Jackson. He believes in marriage between one man and one woman and he pulls no punches when he compares the Planned Parenthood abortion business with the KKK.
“The justification for slavery is in a sense the same as the justification for unfettered abortion, which is, the victim is not a real person, he’s not a human being and therefore has no rights that we are bound to respect.”
As per usual … Lefties freely hurl racial epithets like “Uncle Tom” in his direction, because Democrats totally believe that everyone with dark skin belongs on the Democrat plantation. Cuz … you know … people with dark skin are too stooooooooooooopid to think for themselves. /sarc
And just to cross all the tees in “There is no such thing as Democrat Civility”, Jackson’s White Democrat opponent, Ralph Northram, refused ON CAMERA to shake his hand or even make eye contact with him. (See at 6:30 in video linked below.)
Northram and the Democrat’s pick for governor, Terry McAuliffe, have portrayed themselves as centrists, ever ready to “reach across the aisle” … but the video shows Northam won’t even reach across his chair.
And speaking of Democrat Hypocrisy … last week, some Tolerant Democrat vandalized one of Jackson’s signs with white paint. Can you imagine the RAAAAAAAAAAACISM outcry if Jackson were a Democrat?
Also, in local “Democrat Civility” news … we had GOP yard signs stolen again this week. You just gotta love that hands-across-the-aisle, First-Amendment-respecting, coexisty-tolerance, dontcha?
Boy is it true! Check out the before election tweets of Democrat Angela Giron, the Colorado gun control freak voters ousted this week.
Other tweets included: “Cruise Out the Vote, Pueblo. We’re ridin’ in style to the vote center! Come catch a ride and vote NO.” with car photo; “I voted! Will you?” with pic of her wearing “I voted” sticker; “If this 95-year old couple can commit to get to a vote center to VOTE NO, you can too! Hasta la victoria!” with photo of her with said elderly couple all grinning, presumably because they Voted No!
Not a “voter suppression” cloud in sight, right? Now check out what Whiney Loser Giron had to say after getting soundly smacked down by the citizens of her district.
CNN interview with Whiney Loser Giron [2:35]
Giron: What this story really is about, it’s about voter suppression. When Colorado has voted by mail — 70 percent of Coloradans vote by mail — and we didn’t have access to that mail ballot, I mean, I —
Host: Forgive me, but I’m going to cut you off right there because if we talk voter suppression, I’ve read reports about a lack of popularity on your behalf, let’s just not go there. Let’s get to the meat of the story, which is this gun control stance…
Giron: That is the meat of the story!
Host: … That you and your, uh, let’s talk though about the stance that you and your colleague, the head of the Senate, a former police officer, have taken. And here you have mega mega cash from Mayors Against Illegal Guns, Mayor Bloomberg, versus this grassroots effort. What happened?
Giron: I’m telling you what happened is that [blah blah blah whine whine whine it wasn't FAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.]
CO Peak Politics @COpeakpolitics tweeted:
“Majority of turnout in her district was Democrat, by a large margin. And she still lost. Voter suppression not even believable.”
Yo, Jackass … if you’re running for office, you’re ASKING to be judged by EVERY VOTER.
Anthony Weiner Explodes In Shouting Match With Jewish Voter
This not only happened in open court, but also it happened nearly 18 months ago.
In March 2012, Obama’s right to be on the New Jersey ballot was challenged in court. During the hearing, Obama’s lawyer ADMITTED that the “birth certificate” the White House put on-line was a forgery!
Yet he ended up on the ballot anyway.
Little wonder Barack Obama and the Democratic Party do not fear mocking the American people with their blatant lies and manipulation of the Constitution.
Nobody is holding them accountable!
On and after election day, there were TENS of THOUSANDS of reports of voter fraud and vote tampering from across the country, yet nothing has been done.
Do you remember back in 2000 when Al Gore challenged the results in a single section of Florida? It was top news headlines for weeks, everyone in the country learned what a “chad” was and the whole thing ended up in the Supreme Court, which found in Bush’s favor and Democrats whine TO THIS DAY that Republicans “stole” the election.
Yet here we are, twelve years later, and everyone is IGNORING the fact that Republican poll watchers in critical districts in swing states were physically barred from entering the polling stations where they’d been assigned until AFTER the easy-to-spoof electronic voting machines had been set up and put into use.
The only thing missing is the white hoods. The KKK interfered with REPUBLICAN voting too.
Barack Obama’s Lawyer Admits Birth Certificate is Forged – April 2012
There are links at this URL to videos of the actual hearing. I didn’t watch them, because I don’t want to have a stroke.
During the 2008 primaries, the Democrat Media Complex chose John McCain as the Republican presidential candidate and Barack Obama as the Democrat candidate. During the primaries, they pimped their favorites and sabotaged the rest.
As soon as the primaries were over, McCain went from being the media’s bestest bud to being their new target. And McCain not only cooperated, but gagged his otherwise conservative and outspoken VP candidate, Sarah Palin.
McCain FORBADE Palin from talking about Obama negatives [1:21]
Why was McCain chosen to run against the Magic Negro? And why did he cooperate in losing the election to the man who so clearly wanted to destroy our way of life?
- Many of McCain’s fellow Vietnam POWs say they saw very little of McCain when they were held at Hoa Loa, aka the Hanoi Hilton. McCain told them when he was not in with them, he was in solitary.
- But according to some, the CIA has notes and reports made by John McCain’s POW interrogators at the Hanoi Hilton that show he collaborated with his Communist captors, giving his captors information and making propaganda videos in exchange for medical care, an apartment in Hanoi and the services of prostitutes.
- Because of McCain’s cooperation, the North Vietnamese contemptuously nicknamed him “Songbird.” On June 4, 1969, a U.S. wire service story headlined, “PW Songbird Is Pilot Son of Admiral,” described one of McCain’s radio recordings:
- “Hanoi has aired a broadcast in which the pilot son of the United States commander in the Pacific, Adm. John McCain, purportedly admits to having bombed civilian targets in North Vietnam and praises medical treatment he has received since being taken prisoner.”
Democrats have friends in the CIA who would be happy to use that information to destroy McCain’s cushy Senate career. It’s clear that McCain will continue to “reach across the aisle” (code for “do what he’s told”) for as long as the Democrats pulling his strings consider him a useful Republican idiot.
The Obama administration has decided to put off imposing the “must provide health insurance to employees” mandate on businesses with more than 50 employees. It’s not gone, just … you know … POSTPONED … until … wait for it … AFTER the midterm elections next year.
And oh by the by, those of us who do not have insurance at work? We are not getting any deferral. We either have to purchase an individual policy or pay the fine.
And either way … policy or fine … that money WILL GO TO PAY FOR FREE STERILIZATIONS AND ABORTIONS.
I made the Moloch cartoon during the 2008 campaign. It was NO SECRET that Obama and the Democrat Party were not pro “choice” but PRO ABORTION. It seems to me that unrepentant Christians who support(ed) them and their ungodly agendas are going to be hearing, “I never knew you”, when they get to the Judgment Seat.