I posted the calendar above on Monday @ https://polination.wordpress.com/2015/09/13/shemitah-ends-today-and-the-fourth-blood-moon-is-coming-soon/. Below is why I put a question mark after Jubilee.
In the Jewish calendar, every seventh year is a Shemitah [shmee-tah] year, during which God commanded the Jews to leave their fields fallow and trust Him to provide for their needs.
The Second and Third Blood Moons were during Shemitah 825 (825 x 7 = HY 5775). HY 5775 ended Sept 13, 2015. The Fourth Blood Moon will be in two weeks, on Sept 28, 2015, which is the first day of the Feast of Sukkot [soo-kote] (aka, Tabernacles, Booths) for HY 5776.
God also commanded that the year after every seventh Shemitah would be a Jubilee year when Jews were commanded to return to the land God had given them.
Jews were not permitted to sell the land that God had given them. However, they were permitted to lease it for a time. The value of the land lease would be the value of the projected harvests x the number of years until the next Jubilee.
At Jubilee, everyone who had leased out land was commanded to return and take possession of their ancestral inheritance.
- The Jubilee year is also the first year of the next 49 year cycle, putting it in the 50th year.
- Jubilee means 50.
- To calculate from one to the next, you add 49, not 50.
Pastor Cahn says nobody knows how the early Jews calculated Jubilee.
- Shemitah years are those Hebrew years that are evenly divisible by 7.
- It may or may not follow that Jubilee years are those Hebrew years that are evenly divisible by 49, plus one.
If we go with the Hebrew years evenly divisible by 49, plus one, then the previous Jubilee year was HY 5734 (Sept 27, 1973 – Sept 16, 1974). The Yom Kippur War began on Yom Kippur HY 5734 (October 6, 1973) and the next Jubilee year will be HY 5783 (Sept 26, 2022 – Sept 15, 2023). (This is easier to see in the graphic below.)
But what if we go with recent history concerning the Jews’ return to their ancestral land?
- In November 1917 (HY 5678), the British declared their intention to give the Holy Land back to the Jews. This document is known as the Balfour Declaration. HY 5678 was the year following Shemitah 811.
- In June 1967 (HY 5727), the Jews regained control of Jerusalem during the Six Day War. HY 5727 was the year following Shemitah 818. It is also 49 years after HY 5678.
- If these two years mark Jubilee years, then the next one began Sept 14, 2015 (HY 5776).
- (Again, this is easier to see in the graphic below.)
But what if God is using both ways of counting Jubilee years?
Let’s suppose that Sept 13, 2015, marked the end of both HY 5775 and the Age of the Gentiles and that the Christian “return to homeland” (i.e., Rapture) will occur during the Jubilee year as calculated by the Balfour Declaration and Six Day War (HY 5776 = Sept 14, 2015 – Oct 2, 2016).
The Jews have one more “week” — i.e., period of seven years — before the Age of the Jews is complete.
- If Sept 14, 2015, marked the beginning of that last seven year period, then Jesus will return as the warrior Messiah (Armageddon) during the next Shemitah year in HY 5782 (Sept 7, 2021 – Sept 25, 2022).
After Satan has been locked up for good*, God is going to destroy our fallen world and create a New Heaven, a New Earth, and a New Jerusalem for those who have chosen eternal life in His presence.
- At that time, all those who have chosen Jesus during the Final Tribulation will “return to homeland” (Final Judgment) during the Jubilee year as calculated via 49 + 1 (HY 5783 = Sept 26, 2022 – Sept 15, 2023).
Click on graphic to embiggen. If you hold the CONTROL key down while clicking, it will embiggen in a new window so you can click tabs to go back and forth between the confusing text above and the explanatory graphic below.
Cross reference Hebrew-Roman calendar dates @ http://www.cgsf.org/dbeattie/calendar/
*The Roman Catholic Church condemns the idea that the Millennium will occur after Armageddon. See further explanation: