It gets worse. As Rush Limbaugh pointed out, under Obama, the Democrats and their shills actually said that losing your job was really a BLESSING IN DISGUISE, since it meant you could finally go out, and (Pelosi said) write that poem you’ve always wanted to write, paint that painting you’ve always wanted to paint. Now that we’re in a Republican-managed and BOOMING economy, The New York Times has published an article entitled: “How a Healthy Economy Can Shorten Life Span.”
Just guessing that MSNBC’s “national correspondent” not only can’t name any of the Benghazi heroes, living or dead, but also still believes in her Democrat heart of hearts that it was all about a YouTube video.
But speaking of honoring fallen heroes by, you know, REMEMBERING their NAMES: Anyone else recall the McCain-Obama presidential debate, when John McCain talked about the dead soldier whose bracelet he was wearing? Barack Obama jumped in like a petulant child with, “I have a bracelet too!”, but then couldn’t remember the dead soldier’s name and had to read it off the bracelet.
After the debate, the parents of that dead soldier told reporters they had specifically asked Obama NOT to wear it!
Plus, McCain was 100% right about what would happen if Obama won the election and withdrew troops from Iraq prematurely.
Some guy called Patrick Tomlinson tweeted what he considered to be proof positive that the “life begins at conception” crowd are hypocrites. Briefly, he proposed a situation where a pro-lifer is trapped in a burning fertility clinic and can rescue only a five-year-old child crying for help or a frozen box labeled “1000 Viable Human Embryos.” Which would you choose? The child, of course. GOTCHA! You don’t really believe life begins at conception. Ba-da-bum.
Matt Walsh skillfully and logically took his silly hypothetical to pieces. Just one paragraph of his article:
“It doesn’t matter how I value them personally. It’s their intrinsic value that matters. I value my family over your family but your family has the same intrinsic value. I’m making the decision based, as I said before, on emotion. I can see the child. I hear him crying. I’m looking him in the eyes. I grab him. It’s instinct. But there’s also some logic to it. I don’t really know how many of those embryos are still viable and whether they’ll ever be implanted and given the chance to develop. Again: this calculation WOULD NOT justify killing the embryos under any circumstance, but it would justify my decision to save the child instead. By the way, if it were a five-year-old and a 70-year-old in there, I’d save the five-year-old. If it were a five-year-old and Patrick Tomlinson in there, I’m still saving the five-year-old. Sorry, Pat. But does that mean Pat’s life has less value? Does that mean I could crush his skull and suck his brains out with a vacuum hose? No, it just means that my emotional impulse leads me to the child, not the pretentious pro-abortion dude who spends his time posing disingenuous hypotheticals.”
Tomlinson responded to Walsh’s response: “Oh Matty. If only I gave a shit what you think.”
Wait, what? Didn’t he specifically ASK pro-lifers to respond to his hypothetical?!
Walsh pithily responded with this.
Another tweeter added the cymbal crash with:
“It’s like watching Batman solve the Riddler’s puzzle, and the Riddler’s subsequent tantrum afterward.”
- Walsh’s entire response to Tomlinson’s hypothetical is worth reading.
Leftists make me SICK. Thankfully, Wounded Warrior J.R. Salzman tweets!
- If I have this right, Obama released dangerous terrorists, to free Bergdahl from captivity, all so he could plead guilty and go to prison?
- I had a couple thoughts pop into my head today about Bergdahl. First, does everyone remember the timing? Right after the VA scandal.
- After the press reported that veterans were dying on secret waitlists, after Obama had promised to fix the VA, they needed positive news.
- There were times the military knew where Bergdahl was being held right down to the number of men guarding him. Obama wouldn’t greenlight.
- Suddenly on the heels of the VA scandal, Bergdahl became urgent. His health was supposedly failing. Obama said the trade HAD to happen.
- Although the military knew he had walked off and deserted, Obama gave him a hero’s welcome. Rice said he served with honor and distinction.
- There was the big TV conference with Obama and Bergdahls parents. It was all spin. Then his former soldiers started coming forward.
- They started revealing how many soldiers were killed and wounded looking for him after he deserted. The spin collapsed and now here we are.
- As a veteran I agree that we never leave a man behind, even a shit bag like Bergdahl. But the positive spin never should have happened.
- Bergdahl was never a hero. He chose to abandon his post and his fellow soldiers got killed and wounded because of his actions.
- Unfortunately the whole scenario is what happens when politics and the military converge. People get used as props. I experienced it too.
- In the end five terrorists were released who never should’ve been. And Bergdahl was released from captivity only to go to another captivity.
- Amazing to see those who basically cheered when a soldier died under Bush bring out the fainting couches for gold star families under Trump.
- You a**holes never supported us under Bush. You cheered every time the soldier death count ticker got higher on CNN. We were political ammo.
- You marched in your little antiwar protests. You threw fake blood on our recruiting centers. You protested outside Walter Reed every Friday.
- You shouted about the fierce sense of moral urgency to immediately end the wars and bring all the troops home. And then what happened?
- Then Obama got elected and you disappeared. You turned your back on the wars. Your protests were all for show. F*** you and your politics.
- Do you think those of us who served have forgotten how you treated us? How you cheered for failure? We haven’t. We never will. F*** you all.
My two cents:
The Left called George W. Bush a “blood for oil” war-mongering cowboy who didn’t care a toot about soldiers’ lives. Yet, Bush regularly visited Wounded Warriors in hospital while he was in office and has done so since he retired. He continues to host annual sporting events for them in which he personally participates and he and Laura have Gold Star wives and moms to their home.
The Left called Barack Obama a hero for peace. The Nobel committee gave him a prize for promoting peace when he had done exactly nothing except run for office and not be George Bush.
The slobbering Democrat media did not CARE that, while campaigning, he ditched a scheduled visit to a U.S. military hospital because they wouldn’t let his camera crew inside, or that he sent form letters to the bereaved, or that he lied to the faces of the Benghazi families.
They did not CARE that he bombed more countries and involved us in more foreign wars than ANY PRESIDENT IN U.S. HISTORY.
They did not CARE that his wife made “Support for Military Families” one of her two First Lady projects but, to my knowledge, never visited or did damn all to support wounded warriors or the families of wounded and killed soldiers.
So, Lefties … ASK me if I CARE what you think about Trump’s phone calls or whatever it is you’re whining about. Go ahead, ask. I dare you.
I use it a lot in my cooking and it’s absolutely brilliant as a home remedy for colds/flu. This was posted just now on the fermenting board I administrate:
“Honey/garlic fermented is amazing stuff. My entire family was exposed to the flu a few days ago. Yesterday, half of us started getting very achy and pukey feeling. I went to my cabinet and grabbed that stuff and had everyone take a spoon of it (1 garlic clove with honey). It wasn’t the worst thing I’ve taken haha. Within 30 minutes, I started feeling pretty good! All of us feel 100% fine today!”
And many happy returns to my Dearest Hubby who is 68 years young today.