The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) has outlined why the Equality Act will be so damaging:
• exempts itself from the bipartisan Religious Freedom Restoration Act, in an explicit and unprecedented departure from one of America’s founding principles, thereby infringing on religious freedom and making it more difficult for individuals to live out their faith.
• forces religiously operated spaces and establishments, such as church halls, to either host functions that violate their beliefs or close their doors to their communities.
• requires women to compete against men and boys in sports, and to share locker rooms and shower facilities with men and boys.
• forces faith-based charities that serve all people to violate their religious beliefs, and threatens the welfare of thousands of beneficiaries of charitable services such as shelters and foster care agencies, by forcing a multitude of them to be shut down.
• jeopardizes existing prohibitions on the use of federal taxpayer funds for abortion, likely pressuring or even mandating the performance of abortions by health care providers in violation of their consciences, and ultimately ending more human lives.
• hinders quality health care, by forcing health care professionals, against their best medical judgment, to support treatments and procedures associated with “gender transition.”
MERRICK GARLAND: FAUXTUS’ nominee for Attorney General was once Obama’s nominee for SCOTUS. During his nomination hearing, he was asked if he believes that illegally crossing our borders should remain a crime. He hemmed and hawed and said he didn’t know, because he’d never thought about it.
Then, he was asked if he would prosecute people who enter the country illegally and replied, “This is again, ah, uh, a question of allocation of resources. We will uh, the department, will um ah um, I don’t know.”
When asked if he considers Antifa and Black Lives Matter attacks on the courthouse in Portland to be “domestic terrorism,” Garland said his personal definition of domestic terrorism is the use of violence or threats of violence to interrupt the democratic process, therefore, attacks on buildings at night probably don’t count.
Comment: “Of course, the goal of the attacks is likely to stop the function of the people working in the buildings during the day — but that doesn’t seem to have crossed the potential Attorney General’s mind.”
Comment: “Seems like he’s less concerned with our ‘democratic institutions’ and more concerned about ‘Democratic Party institutions.’”
Comment: “What a LOSS we had when this articulate, insightful, far-seeing speaker was not sent to the Supreme Court!”
PRAVDA: Democrats on the House subcommittee on Communications and Technology (part of the Committee on Energy and Commerce) are waging war on the first amendment. They plan to hold a hearing on disinformation and extremism in media,but their targets are limited to Fox News, Newsmax, and OANN. Their “crimes against truth” include airing information about COVID-19, the 2020 election, and the storming of the Capitol on Jan. 6 that doesn’t toe the Democratic Party line.
RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS: Posted by Teresa Headley: “I witnessed this sanitation employee return a trash can to the side door of an elderly ladys home this morning. After speaking with her I learned that her mobility is limited and this man does this for her every week. It may seem so insignificant to you or me, but to her it’s greatly appreciated! Small acts of kindness, such as this, will not the world, but it changes her world. I didn’t get you name sir, but you are awesome!”
SCOTUS: The Supreme Court today decided against hearing election fraud cases. Justice Clarence Thomas slammed the decision saying, “One wonders what this Court waits for. We failed to settle this dispute before the election, and thus provide clear rules. Now we again fail to provide clear rules for future elections. … By doing nothing, we invite further confusion and erosion of voter confidence. Our fellow citizens deserve better and expect more from us.”
GRAMMY NOTES: Mama Buzz called to tell me a story she had heard on the radio. I haven’t found it on the ‘net, but it’s too cool not to share.
Some good folks who wanted to help Texans decided to donate as much clean, bottled water as they could afford to purchase and transport. It filled a tractor trailer.
As they were traveling to deliver it, three tires blew out. They called the agency they were headed for and said they didn’t think they would make it. They were told that area had enough water, but the town where they broke down really needed it! Even better, when they delivered it, they were told, “Our church prayed for water this morning.”
Who knew angels would blow out tires to get the job done! LOL
““This is what the LORD says, he who made the earth, the LORD who formed it and established it—the LORD is his name: ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’”