Joyce Purnick, in her 2009 biography, Mike Bloomberg: Money, Power, Politics, describes the billionaire presidential wannabe as “curt, profane, cranky, and willful,” and “allergic to introspection.”
Bloomberg is also a rampant sexist, with a long and disturbing history of misogynistic comments and behavior toward women.
The following are all reported in news sources, which I’ve linked below:
- “I’d do her.” – Mike Bloomberg
- “Look at the ass on her.” – Mike Bloomberg
- “If women wanted to be appreciated for their brains, they’d go to the library instead of to Bloomingdale’s.” – Mike Bloomberg
- “Do you pay a lot to make your hair be two colors? Because now it’s three with the gray.” – Mike Bloomberg
- Of the computer terminal that made his fortune: “It will do everything, including give you [oral sex]. I guess that puts a lot of you girls out of business.” – Mike Bloomberg
- “I like theater, dining, and chasing women. Let me put it this way: I am a single, straight billionaire in Manhattan. What do you think? It’s a wet dream.” – Mike Bloomberg
Multiple women have filed sexual-harassment or discrimination suits against Bloomberg and his company.
One of the women, a sales representative at the company, told Mike Bloomberg she was pregnant, he replied, “Kill it!” Even prior to her pregnancy, she claimed, Bloomberg had antagonized her by making disparaging comments about her appearance and sexual desirability. “What, is the guy dumb and blind?” he is alleged to have said upon seeing her wearing an engagement ring. “What the hell is he marrying you for?”
Asked in a deposition, “Have you ever made a comment to the effect that you would like to ‘do that piece of meat,’ or I’d ‘do her in a second’?” Bloomberg replied, “I don’t recall ever using the term meat at all.”
Bloomberg denies some of the claims made against him, though that waffly one about not saying “meat” points to him having absolutely said the rest of it.
Still, the pattern is clear and should be deeply disturbing to the Democrats who have claimed to get the vapors over Donald Trump’s locker room comments.
I’m guessing it won’t be, which will just further highlight their grotesque hypocrisy.