A top Mitt Romney adviser by the name of Joseph Cofer Black (left) has ties to the CIA, the State Department, Blackwater, and Burisma.
Joseph Cofer Black: Biography
- 1974 to 1999: Black was a CIA operative.
- 1999-2002: Then-CIA chief George Tenet named him director of the CIA’s Counterterrorist Center (CTC). In this capacity, he served as the CIA Director’s Special Assistant for Counterterrorism as well as the National Intelligence Officer for Counterterrorism. He was the operational chief in charge of the hunt for Osama bin Laden. He was in charge of the CTC at the time of the 9/11 attacks.
- 2002-2004: President Bush appointed him Coordinator for Counterterrorism to lead the Office of Counterterrorism in the U.S. State Department.
- 2004-2006: Black became the US Department of State’s Ambassador-at-Large for counter-terrorism. Note the overlap between this job and the next one!
- 2005-2008: Black became Vice Chairman of the US-based, private security firm, Blackwater USA (later renamed Blackwater Worldwide, then Xe, and finally Academi). The firm is the biggest of the State Department’s three private security contractors.
- 2007-Present: Black is Chairman of Total Intelligence Solutions (Total Intel), a private intelligence gathering group, created in February 2007 by the Prince Group, the holding company that owns Blackwater.
- 2007: In September, Presidential wannabe Mitt Romney chose Black to head his counter-terrorism policy advisory group.
- 2011: In October, Presidential wannabe redux Mitt Romney chose Black to serve as his “Special Adviser” on all foreign policy issues.
- 2016: In January, Black became an independent director of a publicly traded biotechnology company, Northwest Biotherapeutics (NWBO).
- 2017 to Present: In February, the corrupt Ukrainian energy company, Burisma Group, added Black to its board of directors. Note the overlap with Hunter Biden’s presence on the same corrupt, Burisma board (April of 2014 until May of 2019).