PRAY, LISTEN, AND FOLLOW HIS VOICE: This is an incredibly powerful episode.
MOVE ON BUST: The far left MoveOn org reportedly held 130 “Impeach Trump” protests on Saturday across the nation. Nobody much showed up to any of them. There were about as many pro-Trumpers as anti- … in Los Angeles. Los Angeles!
NXIVM: Sex cult leader Keith Raniere is on trial for sex trafficking and racketeering – After weeks of emotional testimony, both sides rested their cases on Friday and will proceed to closing arguments on Monday. The prosecution has presented witnesses and evidence alleging:
- Raniere trafficked young girls from Mexico and provided them with fake documentation to evade immigration laws.
- Raniere branded members in ceremonies designed to emulate Satanic human sacrifice rituals. (The details of the branding are in the articles below. I’ll spare you.)
- Richard Mays, a close friend of Bill Clinton’s, was a member.
- NXIVM illegally bundled money for Hillary Clinton’s 2008 presidential campaign.
- Kirsten Gillibrand’s father, Doug Rutnik, and stepmother, Gwenn Belcourt, were both heavily involved in the cult.
- A witness testified that the very first time he ever met Gillibrand, she was at a 2006 event for Hillary Clinton, Kirsten Gillibrand sat with NXIVM president Nancy Salzman at one of the three VIP tables bought by NXIVM.
- Nancy Salzman has pleaded guilty to racketeering conspiracy. She acted as a personal “guru” for Gillibrand’s stepmother, Gwenn Belcourt.
SAN FRANCISCO: The same leftists who have ruined San Francisco HATE the Catholic Church. But it’s Catholics at two local parishes, Saint Boniface’s in the Tenderloin, and St. John the Evangelist, in the Mission district, who are actually doing something to provide the huge number of Frisco’s homeless with safe places to rest.
Starting at 6 a.m., while the front third of the church is preparing to celebrate daily Mass, the homeless are welcomed and provided space in the pews throughout the back two-thirds of the church, where they can take time to relax and catch some shuteye. All are welcomed and provided with blankets, fresh socks, basic hygiene kits, foot care, chaplaincy services, referrals to outside resources, and even massage services. While visiting, homeless congregants are left to themselves to sleep, pray, or just sit and relax out of the elements.
The effort also keeps the homeless present in the church in order to remind their parishioners that these are their neighbors as well. They work to establish a connection and understanding between the housed and unhoused, in the spirit of Pope Benedict’s guidance that we must treat our brothers and sisters with human dignity and remind them that “It is good [they] exist.” [8:17]
MUSLIM ACTIVISM: A large group of Iranian Muslims living in Canada took to the streets of Toronto this week to call for the destruction of the North American democracy, as well as the destruction of Israel.
DOLPH LUNDGREN: Swedish actor, director, screenwriter, film producer and martial artist – Lundgren’s breakthrough came in 1985, when he starred in Rocky IV as the imposing Soviet Union boxer Ivan Drago. Since then, he has starred in more than 40 films, almost all of them in the action genre.