Please correct me if I’ve got any of this wrong.
From 2009 to 2013, Hillary Clinton served as Barack Obama’s Secretary of State. During that time, she refused to use the secure email server the government provides. Instead, she had a private, unsecured server set up through which she sent and received both her State Department email and her personal drivel.
18 U.S.C Sec. 793(f) of the federal code makes it unlawful to send of store classified information on personal email.
The government owns all the official business she had conducted via email during her tenure as Secretary of State. When they asked for it, she turned over about half of what had been on her server. The other half she had deleted, claiming it was all personal.
Section 1236.22 of the 2009 National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) requirements states, “Agencies that allow employees to send and receive official electronic mail messages using a system not operated by the agency must ensure that Federal records sent or received on such systems are preserved in the appropriate agency record keeping system.”
Clinton also claimed that had not used the server for classified information. Both claims were proven to be lies when caches of her emails turned up on the computer that New York LEOs had confiscated from Anthony Weiner as part of their investigation into his sexting history.
Since then, more and more about Clinton’s sketchy email behavior has been leaking out.
- There were many hacking attempts on Hillary Clinton’s personal email server, through which she ran classified information while she was Barack Obama’s secretary of state.
- And it was so unsecured that the door to the server room at Clinton’s residence sometimes wasn’t even locked. Or closed.
- A Chinese state-owned company hacked Clinton’s email server, then inserted code that forwarded a copy of virtually every email she sent or received after that.
- Besides having her computer drive wiped, Clinton also had her old cell phones physically destroyed.
- The Obama administration’s Justice Department advised the FBI not to pursue the gross negligence statute for Hillary Clinton’s mishandling of classified information.
Many of us believe Clinton set up a private server to avoid the problems other slimey Democrats like Lois Lerner had encountered as a result of nosy Americans wielding the Freedom of Information Act.