MASCOT SURPRISE: The Buzzers kinda thought that moving to the middle of the East Coast would mean no more snow fun. Cuz, really, how much snow can a family of former Alaskans expect south of Canada? Fortunately, they were wrong. SNOWMAN! I understand other folks are less than thrilled, but hey, as long as my grands are happy! But in case you have to drive in the mess …
GO, ARMY! I’m not going to provide any spoilers. — Just go read this amazing story for yourself!
NATIONAL EMERGENCY: Jim Daws at American Thinker — “The National Emergencies Act of 1976 grants the president the authority to reprogram military construction funds for emergency projects. And sorry, CNN, but it’s the president and the president alone who decides what’s an emergency. The Secure Fence Act passed by Congress in 2006 further strengthens Trump’s case for declaring an emergency. This will put the Dems in the awkward position of arguing that wasteful Army Corps of Engineer projects in Iraq and Afghanistan are more important than one protecting America’s border.” Read the rest. It’s a good article.
WHILE TRUMP FIGHTS TO SAVE AMERICA: 30 Democrats and 109 lobbyists are partying on the beaches of Puerto Rico. But hey, it’s not because they don’t care about the 800,000 government workers who didn’t get a pay check. They’re there to have “meetings” about “the hurricane.” That would be Hurricane Maria, which hit Puerto Rico in September of 2017. Sooooooo … “meetings” about the progress of hurricane clean up more than 15 months after the event trumps working to end the current government shut down? Riiiiiiiiiiight.
JUDGE JEANINE: Congressman Jim Jordan comments on President Trump’s interview.
OOPS: Diane Feinstein inadvertently supports Trump’s position — I doubt she meant to help Trump, any more than Jim Acosta did with his goofy visit to a border fence. Perhaps their real problem isn’t so much that they’re dumb (though they are that), but that their position is indefensible.
BUT BUT BUT: “There’s no border crisis!”
THEY WERE FOR IT BEFORE THEY WERE AGAINST IT: The current Democrat leadership is corrupt — It’s time to get rid of them!
MUELLER’S RUSSIAN COLLUSION INVESTIGATION: CNN analyst Juliette Kayyem asked, “How would a president compromised by the Russians behave, and give me any moment in the last two years where Trump has behaved differently.” Washington Examiner columnist Byron York responded with EIGHT examples.
- Would a president compromised by the Russians keep in place Obama-era sanctions and impose new ones?
- Would a president compromised by the Russians approve the sale of lethal weapons to Ukraine?
- Would a president compromised by the Russians move to withdraw from INF treaty after starting R&D on INF non-compliant missile?
- Would a president compromised by the Russians launch a ferocious attack that killed 200-300 Russian fighters in Syria?
- Would a president compromised by the Russians seek to add low-yield nuclear weapons to U.S. arsenal?
- Would a president compromised by the Russians throw Russian ‘diplomats’ out of U.S.?
- Would a president compromised by the Russians urge Germany to be less reliant on Russian natural gas?
- Would a president compromised by the Russians increase U.S. military spending and presence in Europe–and push NATO to do more?
TOP DOJ, FBI OFFICIALS LIED TO POTUS AND CONGRESS: So says NYT report —
- May 2017: President Trump fired James B. Comey as FBI Director.
- April 2018: Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein told President Trump in a private meeting that he was not a target of “any part of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.”
- May 2018: FBI Director Christopher Wray and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein both assured House Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy and several other lawmakers that Mueller’s ongoing Russian witch hunt “has nothing to do with Donald Trump.”
- January 11, 2019: The New York Times has just reported that mere days after Trump fired Comey, the FBI opened an investigation in whether or not he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests. The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, took over the inquiry days after F.B.I. officials opened it, making it part of his broader examination of how Russian operatives interfered in the 2016 election and whether any Trump associates conspired with them.
- January 13, 2019: President Trump joined Judge Jeanine Pirro by phone last night for an extensive interview, during which he dropped this bomb. “The whole Russia thing is a hoax… Everybody knows it… Wait til you see how it all ends up. You watch. McCabe, Lisa Page, Strzok. You watch. Including some others I should not name. I better not. You watch. It would make front page news if I do. You’ll be surprised at the names of the people involved in the corruption.“
DEMOCRATS: Russia! Trump! Foreign interference in our election. Impeach 45! Also, “not really opposed to non-citizens voting. Ooookay.
POLLS: Not so good for Democrats —
Rasmussen asked, “Do you think the government is doing too little or too much to stop illegal immigration?”
- Too little: 48% (up 5 points since August 2018)
- Too much: 28% (down 6 points from August 2018).
Politico asked, “Is the situation at the border a crisis or a problem?”
- Yes: 79%
- No: 12%.
ORIGIN OF THE WORD “BOYCOTT”: I’m half Irish (both grandfathers), so I found this bit of Irish history intriguing — In the 1870s, Irish farmers faced an agricultural crisis that threatened to result in a repeat of the terrible famine and mass evictions of the 1840s. Anticipating financial ruin, they formed a Land League to campaign against the rent increases and evictions landlords were imposing as a result of the crisis. Retired British army captain Charles Boycott had the misfortune to be acting as an agent for an absentee landlord at the time, and when he tried to evict tenant farmers for refusing to pay their rent, he was ostracized by the League and community. His laborers and servants quit, and his crops began to rot. Boycott’s fate was soon well known, and his name became a byword for that particular protest strategy.
This is the FUNNIEST thing I’ve seen in ages!