Tomorrow is primary day here in Illinois. Thinking that a Republican vote in this state makes any difference is like thinking that peeing in Lake Michigan will raise the water level. The turnout is always low for these primary elections but not voting is to betray the sacrifice of those who gave all to secure this most precious right to each of us.
Those who think that this state isn’t every bit as corrupt as New York or California should think again.
A few tidbits :
- Lisa Madigan, daughter of House Speaker Mike Madigan, the real power here, is not running for Attorney General again after two terms.
- Pat Quinn, a shameless kisser of union asses, left the governor’s mansion in January of 2015. Now he’s back, looking to jump back on the taxpayer gravy train. When he was elected in 2008, he won two — count ’em, TWO — of the 102 counties in the state. St. Clair County, which is across the Mississippi from St. Louis, (East Saint Louis is a ghetto…the entire city), and of course, Cook County. He went to the unions and promised two years with no layoffs and raises. He also passed a “temporary” state tax increase on individuals and corporations. On his last day in office, he got the state senate to make the tax increases permanent. It passed by one vote … secured by promising an outgoing Democrat who had been voted out a six-figure, no-show government job. That’s how they do things here.
- A successful investment banker, Republican Bruce Rauner was elected in 2014. After decades of profligate spending by the Democrats who run this state top to bottom, it took about 10 minutes for the Chicago Tribune and Sun Times to blame Rauner for the skyrocketing deficits. There has been an ongoing fight over spending, with Rauner trying to hold the line as Madigan spends, spends, spends. Rauner vetoed one spending bill and the Senate quickly overrode his veto.
- After the override, Rauner seemed to give up. He’s gone along with everything the Democrats demand, including making this a sanctuary state. Jeanne Ives is running to replace him. The polls show him ahead, but a light turnout favors people who are motivated. There are a lot of us who are sick of Rauner bending over whenever Madigan tells him to.
- On the Democrat side, the two main contestants for the Democrat nomination are a fat pig named JB Pritzger, another union shill (they don’t come any other way here) and Chris Kennedy. Yup, we don’t have enough liberal jackasses here, we had to import RFK’s son.
Republicans will never make a lot of difference, since the Democrats rule Cook County, and by default, the rest of the state. Still, far better men than me have secured my right to express my opinion the only way those in power will notice.
- Illinois Liberal Group Sends Out Voting History Report Card to Your Neighbors to Shame People Into Voting
The Illinois State Voter Report is a shady liberal group operated by Illinois Voters Organization. The group is mailing out threatening letters to Illinois voters to shame them into voting. The mailer includes the voting history of all of their neighbors.
MoveOn.org sent the report card out to 12 million registrants in battleground states in 2012 just weeks before the election.
Fleeing the Land of Lincoln
They are fleeing Illinois in jaw-dropping numbers because its citizens have the unique distinction of residing in one of the worst governed and most over-taxed states in the country. They drive on roads that are falling apart and are forced to bear the costs of an incomprehensible level of state and municipal corruption.
Illinois politicians use the law not to protect and serve, but to line the coffers of state and local governments as well as their own pockets; Chicago’s police are pretty good tax collectors, which they proved a few years ago when Mayor Rahm Emanuel jiggered with the city’s traffic cameras to allow them to issue thousands of more tickets to unsuspecting motorists, but seem unable to protect that city’s citizenry from thugs and thieves.
A study of the relationship between the state’s coming collapse and the cozy decades-long relationship its politicians have enjoyed with public employee unions in which they have traded the public’s money for campaign contributions, outright bribes and votes reveals a major reason why things are so completely out of control in the Land of Lincoln.