Gun control laws were originally promulgated by Democrats to keep guns out of the hands of blacks.
- The very FIRST GUN CONTROL LAW ever enacted here was passed in Virginia in 1640. It banned all blacks — including freemen — from owning guns.
After the Civil War, Democrat legislatures enacted “Black Codes” designed to deny newly freed black Americans the rights enjoyed by other American citizens.
- This included the right to own guns.
The KKK was an outgrowth of the Democratic Party.
- Not every Democrat was a klucker, but every member of the KKK was a Democrat.
Wherever the Klan has become a political force, gun control laws have suddenly appeared on the books.
The National Rifle Association is America’s oldest and most august civil rights organization.
- It opposed discriminatory gun permit laws and helped black Americans fight them.
A World War II Marine veteran, Williams returned home to Monroe, N.C., to find the Klan riding high — beating, lynching and murdering blacks at will. No one would join the NAACP for fear of Klan reprisals. Williams became president of the local chapter and increased membership from six to more than 200.
But it was not until he got a charter from the NRA in 1957 and founded the Black Armed Guard that the Klan got their comeuppance in Monroe.
Williams’ repeated thwarting of violent Klan attacks is described in his stirring book, “Negroes With Guns.” In one crucial battle, the Klan sieged the home of a black physician and his wife, but Williams and his Black Armed Guard stood sentry and repelled the larger, cowardly force. And that was the end of it.
As the Klan found out, it’s not so much fun when the rabbit’s got the gun.
The NRA’s proud history of fighting the Klan has been airbrushed out of the record by those who were complicit with the KKK, which is to say, the Democrats.
- Today, it’s Democrats again who want to deprive Americans of their Second Amendment rights and it’s still the NRA standing up to defend our constitutional right to self-defense.