Remember how, back in 2013, Michelle Obama and her girls refused to harvest their own garden at the White House, because the government was shut down? Good thing our brave troops aren’t that lazy and self-centered, isn’t it?
As soon as the government was opened back up, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer pulled his offer to support a wall on the southern border. President Trump fired back: “If there is no wall, there is no DACA.”
People noticed who was getting screwed. Here are the results of a new Harvard-Merris poll about the immigration issue that forced the shut down:
- 79% of Americans want secure borders.
- 61% say current security is inadequate.
- 65% FAVOR the congressional deal Trump is offering, i.e., keep DACA in exchange for
- increasing merit immigration
- decreasing chain immigration
- eliminating the diversity visa lottery
- funding for barrier security on the U.S.-Mexico border.