1. If your boss tells you to update your Gamma Globulin, Yellow Fever, Malaria, Dysentery, Tetanus and other fun immunizations
2. If the Mobilization NCO tells you not to waste your time bringing a radio, or any other electronics, as there is no electricity and there are no signals.
3. If the monetary exchange rate is greater than 50 to 1 for local currency to US Dollars and your Per Diem is $8 per day or less.
4. If the Area Cultural Briefing is only 30 minutes long, but the briefing on communicable diseases is 3 hours long.
5. If the Area Cultural Briefing includes facts that some leaders in the host country keep young boys as sexual slaves.
6. If the Area Cultural Briefing includes facts that male members of that society have multiple wives, but also engage in sexual activity with barnyard animals.
7. If the Medical Briefing includes recommendations not to walk barefoot, drink the local water, or eat ANY food on the local economy.
8. If the Medical Briefing includes information that the roadside ditches not only serve as flood control, but also as a common latrine.
9. If the Daily Report for your new assignment includes an area for “Number of Personnel Med-Evaced” from theater for unknown diseases.