Daily Archives: December 30, 2017
On Dec 16, 2017, Fatah (aka, Palestinian National Liberation Movement) tweeted the following:
In order to hit the target, there are three conditions:
1. Stand stably and balance your legs, arms, and body well
2. Focus your gaze on the center of the target, and do not look at anything else
3. Keep the desired balance between your body and your weapon; you are the one that controls the weapon, and not the other way around
If you did not understand this, read it again, and if you still have not understood, here is an example picture for you.
[Official Fatah Twitter account, Dec. 16, 2017]
In other tweets and Facebook posts, Fatah has called for “rage” and urged Palestinians to “strap on your weapon” and “continue the intifada.”
Americans who self-identify as Hispanic are more aligned with Democrats and, since this group is growing as a percentage of our population, many Democrats think they’ll gain a significant advantage over Republicans in coming years.
They’re wrong for two reasons.
- The first is intermarriage. A quarter of all Latinos marry someone non-Latino. My father-in-law was the product of a Latino-Irish marriage. He considered himself primarily American and was equally devoted to Our Lady of Guadalupe and St. Patrick.
- The second is the tendency of ethnic identity to fade with each new generation of Americans. A Pew study found that, by the fourth generation, only a quarter of of those with some Hispanic ancestry self-identified as Hispanic.
William Jacobson points out that intermarriage and fading self-identification across generations are both good for America. I think the threat they pose to the future of the Democrats’ divisive politics is great for America.
We got one of these for Christmas. It’s BRILLIANT, especially in a hot shower. HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who has “hot” trigger points, especially in back where it’s hard to reach on your own.
Four prominent U.S. bishops joined leaders of other Christian traditions in publicly reaffirming the inherent beauty and reality of each person’s God-given sexuality.
Created Male and Female: An Open Letter from Religious Leaders – December 15, 2017
As leaders of various communities of faith throughout the United States, many of us came together in the past to affirm our commitment to marriage as the union of one man and one woman and as the foundation of society. We reiterate that natural marriage continues to be invaluable to American society.
We come together to join our voices on a more fundamental precept of our shared existence, namely, that human beings are male or female and that the socio-cultural reality of gender cannot be separated from one’s sex as male or female.
We acknowledge and affirm that all human beings are created by God and thereby have an inherent dignity. We also believe that God created each person male or female; therefore, sexual difference is not an accident or a flaw—it is a gift from God that helps draw us closer to each other and to God. What God has created is good. “God created mankind in his image; in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them” (Gen 1:27).
A person’s discomfort with his or her sex, or the desire to be identified as the other sex, is a complicated reality that needs to be addressed with sensitivity and truth. Each person deserves to be heard and treated with respect; it is our responsibility to respond to their concerns with compassion, mercy and honesty. As religious leaders, we express our commitment to urge the members of our communities to also respond to those wrestling with this challenge with patience and love.
Children especially are harmed when they are told that they can “change” their sex or, further, given hormones that will affect their development and possibly render them infertile as adults. Parents deserve better guidance on these important decisions, and we urge our medical institutions to honor the basic medical principle of “first, do no harm.” Gender ideology harms individuals and societies by sowing confusion and self-doubt. The state itself has a compelling interest, therefore, in maintaining policies that uphold the scientific fact of human biology and supporting the social institutions and norms that surround it.
The movement today to enforce the false idea—that a man can be or become a woman or vice versa—is deeply troubling. It compels people to either go against reason—that is, to agree with something that is not true—or face ridicule, marginalization, and other forms of retaliation.
We desire the health and happiness of all men, women, and children. Therefore, we call for policies that uphold the truth of a person’s sexual identity as male or female, and the privacy and safety of all. We hope for renewed appreciation of the beauty of sexual difference in our culture and for authentic support of those who experience conflict with their God-given sexual identity.
Go here to see the list of signees.
The title above is what Stilton called Newsweek‘s Christmas Eve article, HOW TRUMP AND THE NAZIS STOLE CHRISTMAS TO PROMOTE WHITE NATIONALISM.
Way down near the end of this piece of trash, the “journalist” author admits, “Trump’s rhetoric differs from that of Nazi Germany’s, most notably because he has never advocated genocide.”
- Gosh. How very FAIR and BALANCED of you. :oP
The Left really wants very hard to believe that their media actually does call apples apples. But this week’s Pew Research report, “17 striking findings from 2017”, shows how delusional they really are.
- As you can see, coverage of President Clinton was actually fair and balanced (despite Shrillary’s claims about a Massive Right-Wing Conspiracy).
- Coverage of President Bush was slightly less so, with the proportion of positive stories dropping in favor of neutral stories. But the negative stuff stayed the same.
- It was only with President Obama that the media went into full bore worship mode.
- But even their lack of balance about Obama got swept away by their ugly, hate-filled, foam-at-the-mouth reporting on President Trump.