President Donald J. Trump has signed the National Defense Authorization Act for fiscal year 2018, which approves one of the largest defense spending increases since the Reagan presidency to help rebuild America’s Armed Forces.
Here is a quick list of what the NDAA does for America’s military:
- Increases rather than shrinks the size of our forces for the first time in 7 years
- Ensures that our military remains the world’s preeminent fighting force, which is vital to the Administration’s peace-through-strength strategy
- Authorizes funding to allow for the continued defeat of ISIS and cover critical missile defense capabilities to confront the threat posed by North Korea
- Takes concrete steps to rebuild U.S. military readiness
- Approves a 2.4 percent pay raise for our troops—the largest in 8 years
Read more about it here: