The latest absurdity comes from Larry Summers, the former director of Obama’s National Economic Council. According to his EXPERT ECONOMIC OPINION, the GOP’s plan to cancel the Obamacare mandate will KILL TEN THOUSAND PEOPLE A YEAR!
Tweeters had fun:
- Forcing people to buy something they don’t want or pay a penalty if they don’t does not lead to death.
- Ten thousand? That’s insane. At least 10 million. Maybe 100 million. AT LEAST. IT’S SCIENCE PEOPLE…SCIENCE! (This one was tweeted by an M.D. BWAHAHA!)
- Well, at least climate change is a redundant concern now.
- Approximately 20,000 people die every year from hot takes.
- 2.6 million people die in the U.S. every year. 10,000 is a rounding error.
- It doesn’t count because he didn’t say that people will LITERALLY die.
- Wait. Maybe we’re reading this wrong and Summers is actually threatening to kill 10,000 people a year himself if tax reform passes.
- (Insert large number) people will die because of (insert Republican policy). Rinse, repeat.
- No wonder the Dems are having trouble getting people to pay attention.