Leftists make me SICK. Thankfully, Wounded Warrior J.R. Salzman tweets!
- If I have this right, Obama released dangerous terrorists, to free Bergdahl from captivity, all so he could plead guilty and go to prison?
- I had a couple thoughts pop into my head today about Bergdahl. First, does everyone remember the timing? Right after the VA scandal.
- After the press reported that veterans were dying on secret waitlists, after Obama had promised to fix the VA, they needed positive news.
- There were times the military knew where Bergdahl was being held right down to the number of men guarding him. Obama wouldn’t greenlight.
- Suddenly on the heels of the VA scandal, Bergdahl became urgent. His health was supposedly failing. Obama said the trade HAD to happen.
- Although the military knew he had walked off and deserted, Obama gave him a hero’s welcome. Rice said he served with honor and distinction.
- There was the big TV conference with Obama and Bergdahls parents. It was all spin. Then his former soldiers started coming forward.
- They started revealing how many soldiers were killed and wounded looking for him after he deserted. The spin collapsed and now here we are.
- As a veteran I agree that we never leave a man behind, even a shit bag like Bergdahl. But the positive spin never should have happened.
- Bergdahl was never a hero. He chose to abandon his post and his fellow soldiers got killed and wounded because of his actions.
- Unfortunately the whole scenario is what happens when politics and the military converge. People get used as props. I experienced it too.
- In the end five terrorists were released who never should’ve been. And Bergdahl was released from captivity only to go to another captivity.
- Amazing to see those who basically cheered when a soldier died under Bush bring out the fainting couches for gold star families under Trump.
- You a**holes never supported us under Bush. You cheered every time the soldier death count ticker got higher on CNN. We were political ammo.
- You marched in your little antiwar protests. You threw fake blood on our recruiting centers. You protested outside Walter Reed every Friday.
- You shouted about the fierce sense of moral urgency to immediately end the wars and bring all the troops home. And then what happened?
- Then Obama got elected and you disappeared. You turned your back on the wars. Your protests were all for show. F*** you and your politics.
- Do you think those of us who served have forgotten how you treated us? How you cheered for failure? We haven’t. We never will. F*** you all.
My two cents:
The Left called George W. Bush a “blood for oil” war-mongering cowboy who didn’t care a toot about soldiers’ lives. Yet, Bush regularly visited Wounded Warriors in hospital while he was in office and has done so since he retired. He continues to host annual sporting events for them in which he personally participates and he and Laura have Gold Star wives and moms to their home.
The Left called Barack Obama a hero for peace. The Nobel committee gave him a prize for promoting peace when he had done exactly nothing except run for office and not be George Bush.
The slobbering Democrat media did not CARE that, while campaigning, he ditched a scheduled visit to a U.S. military hospital because they wouldn’t let his camera crew inside, or that he sent form letters to the bereaved, or that he lied to the faces of the Benghazi families.
They did not CARE that he bombed more countries and involved us in more foreign wars than ANY PRESIDENT IN U.S. HISTORY.
They did not CARE that his wife made “Support for Military Families” one of her two First Lady projects but, to my knowledge, never visited or did damn all to support wounded warriors or the families of wounded and killed soldiers.
So, Lefties … ASK me if I CARE what you think about Trump’s phone calls or whatever it is you’re whining about. Go ahead, ask. I dare you.