I don’t know whether Donald Trump ever read Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals, but he is definitely one of the few Republicans to ever use the Democrats’ “bible” to his own advantage.
These are all from Alinsky and they are all Pure Trump:
- “The job of the organizer is to maneuver and bait the establishment so that it will publicly attack him as a dangerous enemy.”
- “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also, it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.”
- “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”
- “Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.”
- “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.”
Democrats have been using this stuff for years while Republicans mostly flapped their hands and whined about how it was so mean and not fair. Now that they are the targets of Alinsky tactics, they are the ones flapping and whining!