It was a difficult decision where to begin, since the world is spinning so quickly these days. So I decided to post a memorial for an incredible man and musician who made an indelible mark on America.
Glen Campbell, hit singer and guitarist, dead at 81
I REMEMBER MY GRANDMOTHER LOVED WATCHING THE VARIETY SHOW HE HAD AS A REPLACEMENT ONE SUMMER.
Glen Campbell, the upbeat guitarist from Delight, Arkansas, whose smooth vocals and down-home manner made him a mainstay of music and television for decades, has died, his family announced on Facebook on Tuesday. He was 81.
“It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our beloved husband, father, grandfather, and legendary singer and guitarist, Glen Travis Campbell … following his long and courageous battle with Alzheimer’s disease,” a Facebook statement said.
Campbell is best remembered for a string of country-inflected hits that ran from the mid-’60s to the late ’80s: “Gentle on My Mind,” “Rhinestone Cowboy,” “By the Time I Get to Phoenix,” “Wichita Lineman,” “Galveston,” “Southern Nights” and “The Hand That Rocks the Cradle” among them.
BY THE NUMBERS: President Trump’s Historic First 200 Days – Promises Kept and Records Broken
YOU’LL NEVER HEAR A WORD OF THIS ON CNN.
Government Assistance — Food Stamps
- More than 1.1 million fewer Americans on food stamps under President Trump.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics President Trump added a projected 1,290,000 jobs in his first 200 days (January through July 2017.) President Obama on the other hand lost more than (4,154,000) million jobs in his first 200 days.
- According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the US inflation rate decreased to an eight month low in June to 1.6%. This is in part due to President Trump’s energy policies that are helping average Americans in their pocket books with cheaper gas and electricity. The rate has not yet been reported for July. (Under Obama the inflation rate sank to a scary -2.1% by July of 2009.)
- Sales are red-hot in the US right now. In 2011, houses for sale were on the market an average 84 days. This year, it’s just 45 days.
- One of the first things that President Trump did in office was to reduce the number or burdensome regulations put in place during the Obama era. Regulations cost Americans and American companies money to implement and maintain. Reducing or halting regulations allows companies to spend their money on more prudent money making areas.
After the Coup, What Then?
EXCELLENT READ BY PAT BUCHANAN
If this city brings Trump down, will the rest of America rejoice?
What will be the reaction out there in fly-over country, that land where the “deplorables” dwell who produce the soldiers to fight our wars? Will they toast the “free press” that brought down the president they elected, and in whom they had placed so much hope?
My guess: The reaction will be one of bitterness, cynicism, despair, a sense that the fix is in, that no matter what we do, they will not let us win.
This is a collaborative enterprise, where everyone protects everyone else’s sources, because all have the same goal: the dumping of Trump. If that requires collusion with criminals, so be it.
Deep State Teams with Fake News: Email Evidence Proves New York Times Soliciting Anti-Trump Bureaucracy Leakers
Emails from a reporter for the New York Times to government employees obtained exclusively by Breitbart News demonstrate that the newspaper’s employees are not just on the receiving end of leaks, but are actually soliciting government employees to become leakers. What’s more, the emails demonstrate the Times colluded with the president of the government union to encourage and solicit these leaks—something that may become highly problematic for both institutions.
Mueller, several team members gave up million-dollar jobs to work on special counsel investigation
LET’S ALL FEEL BAD FOR THESE SLIMY WEASELS.
Mueller’s public financial disclosure — along with those of seven members of his team — was released after a request from The Washington Post. The document offers a glimpse into who the special counsel and the lawyers he has hired have worked for, and where they have made and invested their money.
THERE ARE SOME INTERESTING THINGS IN THE COMMENT SECTION IF ANYBODY BOTHERS TO READ IT.