Donald Trump gave an absolutely flawless speech before a meeting of Muslim leaders in Saudi Arabia over the weekend. The differences between his visit and the FORMER president could not be more stark.
Obama could not get his mouth to form the words “Islamic terrorists” or “radical Islam.” Trump told them “Drive Out the Terrorists!… Drive Them Out! Drive Them Out!”
Top Arab leaders from 50 majority Muslim countries, including the Saudi, Egyptian and Jordanian leaders posed for a photo with the US president on Sunday before his speech in Riyadh. It will be hard for the liberals to spin this photo and historic event.
IF YOU CAN SPARE THE 34 MINUTES, TRUMP’S SPEECH IS WELL WORTH WATCHING.
CtH POSTED ONE SHORT CLIP. HERE’S ANOTHER:
Trump: Muslims must confront ‘Islamic terror’
The Mideast MAGA (MMEGA) Platform …
“Our goal is a coalition of nations who share the aim of stamping out extremism and providing our children a hopeful future that does honor to God.” – DJT
“We are not here to lecture — we are not here to tell other people how to live, what to do, who to be, or how to worship. Instead, we are here to offer partnership.” – DJT
“Every time a terrorist murders an innocent person, and falsely invokes the name of God, it should be an insult to every person of faith.” – DJT
Whoever wrote those lines deserves a pat on the back and a raise.
Key quotes and highlights from Trump’s speech:
- “We are adopting a principled realism … Our friends will never question our support, and our enemies will never doubt our determination. … [W]herever possible, we will seek gradual reforms – not sudden intervention.”
- “Our goal is a coalition of nations who share the aim of stamping out extremism and providing our children a hopeful future that does honor to God.”
- “We are not here to lecture — we are not here to tell other people how to live, what to do, who to be, or how to worship. Instead, we are here to offer partnership.”
- “Every time a terrorist murders an innocent person, and falsely invokes the name of God, it should be an insult to every person of faith.”
- “But we can only overcome his evil if the forces of good are united and strong — and if everyone in this room does their fair share and fulfills their part of the burden.”
- “Terrorism has spread across the world. But the path to peace begins right here, on this ancient soil, in this sacred land.”
- “America is prepared to stand with you … But the nations of the Middle East cannot wait for American power to crush this enemy for them.”
- “This is not a battle between different faiths, different sects, or different civilizations. This is a battle between barbaric criminals who seek to obliterate human life, and decent people of all religions who seek to protect it.This is a battle between good and evil.”
- “That means honestly confronting the crisis of Islamist extremism and the Islamist terror groups it inspires. And it means standing together against the murder of innocent Muslims, the oppression of women, the persecution of Jews, and the slaughter of Christians.”
- “Religious leaders must make this absolutely clear: Barbarism will deliver you no glory — piety to evil will bring you no dignity. If you choose the path of terror, your life will be empty, your life will be brief, and your soul will be condemned.”