Yesterday, I realized I have so much energy all of a sudden that the amount of caffeine I was using (4 cups of tea, 2 black, 2 green) was making really hyper.
I reread the article (linked below) and noted that Cordyceps sinensis “increases ATP (adenosine triphosphate) levels in the body by almost 28 per cent. ATP is the body’s energy supply source—the body’s battery, so to speak—and is required for all enzyme processes.”
I’ve been taking one to two capsules a day for about six weeks now; the bottle says the dose should be 3, but I didn’t want to overwhelm my body. Next month, I plan to try using 3 per day and see how that goes.
Anyway, a number of the studies mentioned noticeable improvement after 30 days, so maybe that’s why I suddenly seem to have so much more energy and really don’t need caffeine just to stay upright! This is so cool!
Clinical research in controlled studies had elderly patients suffering from fatigue and senility-related symptoms report relief in these areas after using Cordyceps for 30 days. Their fatigue was reduced by 92 per cent, their feeling of cold by 89 per cent and their dizziness by 83 per cent. Patients with respiratory/breathing problems felt physically stronger and some individuals were able to jog up to 600 feet.
Cordyceps sinensis is considered a “food” by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and is classified as “generally recognized as safe” (GRAS). I get mine from Nature’s Sunshine; it’s also sold at my local health food store.
Keep in mind as you scan down this amazing list that these claims are not anecdotal, but based on scientific clinical trials.
- Cordyceps sinensis has been found to be effective against all sorts of bacteria that have developed, or are developing, resistance to other, more common antibiotics (such as penicillin, another fungus product!).
- It improves immune antibody responses.
- It protects against the damage caused by free radicals.
- It improves sexual function.
- It helps lower bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol.
- It increases physical stamina so much that there has even been talk of banning it from sporting events.
- It is effective in treating heart rhythm disturbances such as cardiac arrhythmia and chronic heart failure.
- A Chinese study showed a 51 per cent improvement in chronic kidney disease after only one month of dietary supplementation.
- It improves respiratory function, alleviating the symptoms of various respiratory illnesses including chronic bronchitis and asthma.
- It improves the flow of blood in the body by relaxing the smooth muscles of the blood vessels and allowing them to expand, enhancing the functioning of the heart and lungs and relieving tired legs.
- It improves liver function and has proven helpful to patients with cirrhosis, sub-chronic and chronic hepatitis and related liver diseases.
- It proved effective in several clinical studies with various types of cancer, leading to a reduction of tumor size and prolonged life.
- Perhaps most amazing of all, a study in Ghana showed, after six months, that NONE of the 3,000 early-stage HIV patients in the study had ANY HIV in their blood!