Vogue Magazine tweeted: “If you’re a woke guy, here is how to get involved on March 8 without stepping on toes, or mansplaining activism.” The tweet included a link to their article, “What Men Can Do To Support The Women’s Strike.”
The article includes a handy cheat sheet for busy woke fellas who don’t have time to read a whole article in Vogue magazine.
A Cheat Sheet for March 8—Ally Edition
- Pick up the domestic slack: do the housework, feed the kids, babysit, prepare the meals, etc.
- Organize a strike in your workplace; involve your union.
- If you’re a student, join a walkout, participate in a convention or organized campus discussion on women’s and global rights, join a march.
- Take a break from porn and do some soul-searching on what kind of pornography or sex work you support. Ask yourself, Am I contributing to the exploitation of sex workers?
- Join protests, marches, go hear the speeches.
- Spread awareness and make your support public. (Note: This does not mean post something to Twitter; do that, sure, but also talk to the people around you about what’s going on.)
Tweeters had their own pithy remarks to offer:
- “Alright awful stupid guys with your awful penises, LISTEN UP. if you want to be HELPFUL”
- “You may ride on the bus with us. But only if you sit at the back.”
- Is woke the new word for whipped?
- Vogue: You misspelled “emasculated.”
- “Take a break from porn”? Is “woke” the new word for “disgusting pig”?
- A day without liberal feminists – Hip, Hip Hooray!!!!
- My purpose today is to step on toes and mansplain.
- If you’re a woke guy, avoid feminists and feminism. They don’t represent real women.
- REAL men don’t need to be told to help with the chores and they kids. THEY ALREADY DO IT.
- Vogue: You have 12.5 million followers, but most of yr tweets have zero responses, RTs in single digits. Better hope yr advertisers don’t notice.