- Obviously the country was ready, because they BOUGHT THE MUSIC. Enough with the #fakenews racial division.
- Apparently, Slate thinks Americans only started buying music made by black women in 2016.
- Dear infants: Understand that history did not begin the day you were born.
- Slate: Google The Supremes, Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Etta James, Tina Turner, Marion Anderson, Diana Ross, Ertha Kitt, Leontyne Price, Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Roberta Flack, Janet Jackson, Salt n Pepa, Toni B, The Pointer Sisters, Sade.
- Black women have kicked ass and been music leaders for a long time.
- This level of race baiting bargle can only be written by someone who has never figured out how to use an interwebs search engine.
- Slate: Journalism for the Idiocracy.