7 Harsh Realities Of Life Millennials Need To Understand
1. Your Feelings Are Largely Irrelevant
2.. You Cannot Be Whatever You Want To Be
3. Gender Studies Is A Waste Of Money
4. If You Live In America, You’re Already In The 1%
5. You Don’t Have A Right To It Just Because You Exist
6. You DO Have The Right To Live As You Please — But Not To Demand People Accept It
If you want to cross-dress, smoke marijuana, drink lots of alcohol, have lots of sex, and, yes, even go to school for gender studies, then by all means, go for it. Government should not be allowed to legislate people’s behavior as long as it doesn’t infringe upon someone else’s rights, but that doesn’t mean society isn’t allowed to have an opinion.
7. The Only Safe Space Is Your Home
No matter where you go in life, someone will be there to offend you. Maybe it’s a joke you overheard on vacation, a spat at the office, or a difference of opinion with someone in line at the grocery store. Inevitably, someone will offend you and your values. If you cannot handle that without losing control of your emotions and reverting back to your “safe space” away from the harmful words of others, then you’re best to just stay put at home. Remember, though: if people in the outside world scare you, people on the internet will downright terrify you. It’s probably best to just accept these harsh realities of life and go out into the world prepared to confront them wherever they may be waiting.