In another post today, Pete put up a graphic saying something like, “If you’re in America, you’re already in the 1%.” I really liked the idea and went googling for supporting data.
What I found was a July 2015 issue of Fortune that paints a dismal picture of how the Obama Economy has negatively impacted America’s greatness.
- People living below the poverty line: 36th out of 162 countries.
- Child poverty levels: 34th out of 35 countries surveyed.
- Health: 33rd out of 145 countries home to at least one million people.
- Median wealth (U.S. $39,000 per adult): 27th in the world.
- Stability: 20th out of 178 countries.
- Corruption: 17th out of 175 countries.
- Social progress index: 16th out of 133 countries.
- Education and skills: 16th out of 23 countries.
- Internet speed and access: 16th out of 34 countries.
- Life satisfaction: #12 in the world.
There is one metric where we are NUMERO UNO, but it’s not one to be particularly proud of. We are first out of 224 countries in the size of our prison population. With more than 2.2 million in our jail, only China, with 1.66 million, comes close.
Fortune concludes, “America is declining, in large and important measures, yet policymakers aren’t paying attention. … [Our] per capita wealth, health and education measures are mediocre for a highly industrialized nation. Well-being metrics, perceptions of corruption, quality and cost of basic services, are sliding, too. Healthcare and education spending are funding bloated administrations even while human outcomes sink.”
I don’t think this decline is accidental. Communists have been saying for nearly 100 years that a PROSPEROUS America couldn’t be taken over. Job #1 for the Leftie Progressive Cuba Wannabes has always been to trash our economy. Let’s hope Trump’s election turns these metrics around and puts us back on top again.