Where is my surprised face?
Every year, taxpayers are forced to contribute half a billion dollars to prop up this “non-profit” organization that is allegedly devoted first and foremost to meeting the needs of its clientele.
The House Oversight Committee has released a financial report showing that Planned Parenthood and its affiliates have spent big bucks on high living and abortion activism.
- The CEO’s salary is $520,000 per year.
- More than 40 other executives are paid $200,000 or more per year.
- In 2013, the organization spent $5.1 million (~$14,000/day) on first class and charter travel.
- In 2012 and 2013, they spent $622,706 on extravagant parties.
Planned Parenthood is the nation’s largest abortion provider.
- More than 90% of the pregnant women who go there do so to have their babies murdered.
- They claim taxpayer money is only used for non-abortion expenses, such as rent and utilities.
- I say if taxpayers are providing the facilities, then taxpayers are paying for the abortions.
In addition, over the past five years, Planned Parenthood has turned nearly $22 million over to its PAC (Planned Parenthood Action Fund).
Republicans and Pro-Lifers are FORCED to give Planned Parenthood millions of dollars a year, some of which they funnel into Democrat and Pro-Abortion political candidates and causes.
Yeah, that’s fair. Not.
About $60 million of the taxpayer funds comes from Medicaid payments. A recent U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) reports massive fraud in Medicaid payments. The 8th Circuit found that Planned Parenthood was among those with their filthy hands in the Medicaid till. Violations the court found included claims filed for:
- unnecessary quantities of birth control pills,
- birth control pills dispensed without examinations or without or prior to a physician’s order,
- abortion-related services not allowed by state Medicaid law (state laws vary), and
- services that had already been paid for by ‘donations’ Planned Parenthood coerced from patients.
Democrats are mad that Congress is scrutinizing the financial activities of their baby killing cash cow.
Cry me a river.