Michael Marinaccio did a brilliant job with six important issues including:
1. Pope Francis did not say that homosexual acts are okay.
2. Pope Francis did not say that trickle-down economics is bad.
3. Pope Francis did not say that priests should be able to marry.
4. The Church did not suddenly decide that abortion is forgivable.
5. Pope Francis did not make it so Catholics can exit marriages easily.
6. Pope Francis did not make climate change a Catholic dogma.
Please read this excellent article in full @ https://medium.com/the-politic/6-times-you-were-flat-out-lied-to-about-pope-francis-f1027cd708a2
7. Pope Francis is NOT A MARXIST. Got that? Not. A. Marxist.
8. Pope Francis does not condemn the kind of capitalism we practice in the USA.
Here is a summary of Catholic teaching on these last two issues, quoted directly from the Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraph 2425 (emphasis mine).
The Church has rejected the totalitarian and atheistic ideologies associated in modern times with “communism” or “socialism.” She has likewise refused to accept, in the practice of “capitalism,” individualism and the absolute primacy of the law of the marketplace over human labor.
Regulating the economy solely by centralized planning perverts the basis of social bonds; regulating it solely by the law of the marketplace fails social justice, for “there are many human needs which cannot be satisfied by the market.”
Reasonable regulation of the marketplace and economic initiatives, in keeping with a just hierarchy of values and a view to the common good, is to be commended.