Mama Buzz made us this calendar for Christmas last year. I’m a little sad about having to turn this page over to October tomorrow morning. It’s been such a joy to see it all month!
Monthly Archives: September 2015
WASHINGTON, D.C.[DuffelBlog] — Following the Taliban’s complete takeover of Afghanistan late last night, Pentagon Press Secretary Peter Cook noted in an early morning press briefing that the Pentagon remains “generally positive” about the war effort and that “there is minimal cause for concern.”
“That’s how things go in a protracted counterinsurgency,” Cook told reporters. “You face some minor setbacks regardless of how many troops lose their lives or how many billions of taxpayer dollars are spent equipping local defense forces incapable of defending their own country.”
After the Taliban overran Afghan forces in Helmand earlier this year and took over the city of Kunduz this week, sources say the Obama Administration and many senior defense officials seemed surprised that major media outlets expressed even the slightest bit of interest in a war over a decade old.
At Central Command in Tampa, Fla., Gen. Lloyd Austin — who oversees forces in the region — assured reporters there was little cause for concern.
“We’ve seen this time and time again,” Austin said. “This modest spike in Taliban attacks shows that our strategy is working. These massive coordinated attacks are merely the death throes of an insurgent movement.”
Read the whole satire article at the Duffel Blog.
The time is late. Get right with God. And stock up on basic supplies.
Jonathan Cahn 2015 Prophecy [1:38:57] = This video is long, but so good!
If you’re put off by the length, start with the part between 41:00 to 47:00. It’s so cool. 🙂 If you listen for another 7 minutes after, it gets even better.
Also, from 34:00 to 38:00, Rabbi Cahn speaks about the events of Hebrew Years 5677 (Shemitah = World War I) and 5678 (Jubilee = Seventh Shemitah). These events fell into the Common Era year of 1917. Eighteen months ago, I posted an amazing time line, showing how Lenin’s rise to power and the appearances of Our Lady at Fatima were related in an amazing manner. Below, I added the Jewish calendar dates and the dates of the Balfour Declaration and British conquest of Palestine. Coincidence? I. Don’t. Think. So.
- January 9, CE 1917: The Battle of Rafa marked the beginning of the British assault on the Ottoman Muslim territory of Palestine. (Tebet 15, HY 5677)
- March 8, CE 1917 Russian Revolution, Part 1: The Russian monarchy was overthrown* by a moderate, democratically-oriented regime. (Adar 14, HY 5677 Purim)
- April 6, CE 1917 Good Friday, Roman Triduum: The United States officially declared war on Germany. (Jesus was crucified on Nisan 14, 33 AD.) (Nisan 14, HY 5677 Preparation Day)
- April 15, CE 1917 Orthodox Easter Sunday: Lenin and his group crossed into Russian territory at midnight, just as Easter was beginning. With German money and Lenin’s leadership, the Bolshevik movement grew rapidly. (Nisan 23, HY 5677)
- May 13, CE 1917 First Fátima Apparition: The Blessed Mother began appearing to three illiterate peasant children in Fátima, Portugal. “I want you to return here on the thirteenth of each month for the next six months, and at the very same hour. Later I shall tell you who I am, and what it is that I most desire.” (Iyar 21, HY 5677)
- June 13, CE 1917 Second Fátima Apparition: “Jesus wishes you to make me known and loved on earth. He wishes also for you to establish devotion in the world to my Immaculate Heart.” (Sivan 23, HY 5677)
- July 13, CE 1917 Third Fátima Apparition: “If my wishes are fulfilled, Russia will be converted and there will be peace; if not, then Russia will spread her errors throughout the world, bringing new wars and persecution of the Church.” N.b., The Blessed Mother’s message made no sense at this time, because Russia was still a devoutly Christian nation and had been for 1,000 years. (Tammuz 23, HY 5677)
- August 19, CE 1917 Fourth Fatima Apparition: Anti-Catholics took the three Fátima children hostage. When they refused to recant, they were returned to Fátima. “Come again to the Cova da Iria on the thirteenth of next month, my child, and continue to say the Rosary every day. In the last month I will perform a miracle so that all may believe.” (Elul 1, HY 5677)
- September 12, CE 1917: The Provisional Government lost military support and the Bolsheviks began to win the upper hand. (Elul 25, HY 5677)
- September 13, CE 1917 Fifth Fatima Apparition: “Continue the Rosary, my children. Say it every day that the war may end. … In October I will perform a miracle so that all may believe.” (Elul 26, HY 5677)
- September 16, CE 1917: Last day of Shemitah. (Elul 29, HY 5677)
September 17, CE 1917: First day of Jubilee. (Tishri 1, HY 5678)
- October 13, CE 1917 Fatima Miracle of the Sun: “I am the Lady of the Rosary. … People must amend their lives and ask pardon for their sins. They must not offend our Lord any more, for He is already too much offended!” The Miracle of the Sun was seen by tens of thousands, a great crowd that had come to the Cova but also people from far away. The event was recorded as fact even in an anti-Catholic newspaper. (Tishri 27, HY 5678)
- November 2, CE 1917 Feast of All Souls: The Balfour Declaration was published, announcing Great Britain’s intention to return the Holy Land to the Jewish people. (Heshvan 17, HY 5678)
- November 7 CE 1917 Russian Revolution Part 2: The Bolsheviks led by Lenin seized power* and established an officially godless state that would aggressively spread its intolerant creed around the globe. (Heshvan 22, HY 5678)
- December 11, CE 1917: British General Allenby entered Jerusalem. (Kislev 26, HY 5678 Second day of Hannukah)
See more detail about dates at my original blog “Vladimir Lenin and Our Lady of Fatima”. N.b., the two Russian revolutions are often spoken of as the February and October revolutions, but Russia at that time was still using the Julian calendar. The dates given here are the Gregorian calendar dates.*
VIDEOS of speeches EMBEDDED: Sept 25-27, 2015: Values Voter Summit
Sen. Ted Cruz (Tx) won the Values Voter Summit (evangelical voters) straw poll for the third year in a row with 35%. Dr. Ben Carson got 18%, Former Gov. Mike Huckabee got 14%, Sen. Marco Rubio (Fla.) with 13%, and Donald Trump got 5%. Jeb Bush, Govs. Chris Christie (N.J.), John Kasich (Ohio) and Carly Fiorina did not attend the summit.
Values Voter Summit was created in 2006 to provide a forum to help inform and mobilize citizens across America to preserve the bedrock values of traditional marriage, religious liberty, sanctity of life and limited government that make our nation strong.
Telegraph/UK – Vladimir Putin snubbed Barack Obama and revived Russia’s historic role in the Middle East on Monday by calling for a new “broad coalition” to fight Isil based on co-operation with the Assad regime, report Richard Spencer, Harriet Alexander in New York and Roland Oliphant in Moscow.
In his long-awaited speech at the United Nations, the Russian president fiercely attacked American policy in Syria and around the world and criticised the West for “exporting social experiments” in the form of democratic revolutions, which he blamed for the Middle East crisis. Read the rest at the Telegraph.
It was early September in the year of Our Lord, 1969. An American had just walked on the moon and the Chicago Cubs had led the National League virtually since opening day. There had been a summer-long party in the Windy City. The slide began in mid-August and never stopped until the Cubs relinquished first place to the New York Mets, who went on a tear in September to something like a 25-3 record.
The day the Cubs slipped into second place I remember my grandfather coming through the kitchen door, his face flush with dejection. His voice fairly trembled with the bitterness of unfulfilled dreams as he spoke the words I’ve never forgotten: “THEY WOULDN’T BE THE CUBS IF THEY DIDN’T BREAK YOUR HEART.”
Saturday the Cubs clinched their first playoff berth since 2008 by virtue of the team behind them losing. The players and the fans celebrated heartily, the fact they’d just lost a game to the Pittsburgh Pirates, the team they will face next week in a one-game playoff. The winner goes on to face St. Louis, the loser packs his bags and heads home until spring training.
As most of you know, Chicago’s 5-year rebuilding plan is in its 107th year. They haven’t been in a World Series since 1945, a year when most teams still had their best players fighting World War II. There is not another athletic team, amateur or professional, who is on the same planet as far as futility. I am convinced the Cubs will never win another championship, at least in my lifetime. It’s one of those inexplicable phenomena like the blue whale, the largest mammal on earth, reaching lengths in excess of 70 feet, has a windpipe approximately the circumference of a half dollar…. that’s just the way it is.
I enjoy watching my professional hometown sports teams, but I don’t get too involved in the euphoric highs and cavernous lows of hardcore fans. I save my unbridled and unabashed enthusiasm for my grandchildrens’ teams. Win or lose, they are winners to me.
Bring on October: Cubs ready to handle the playoff pressure
As the Cubs popped champagne bottles and crushed beer cans, Jason Motte looked at Kyle Schwarber and said: “This is way better than college!”
The mosh pits formed outside the home dugout after Saturday afternoon’s 4-0 loss to the Pittsburgh Pirates at Wrigley Field. The Cubs had already clinched their playoff spot before the game – thanks to the San Francisco Giants losing on Friday night on the West Coast – but there was no way this group would turn down the chance to party.
Playoff-bound Chicago Cubs ready for 1st trip since 2008
Cubs manager Joe Maddon was watching the movie “Jersey Boys,” doing all he could not to check his iPad Friday night until about the final scene.
He saw that San Francisco was losing to Oakland in the ninth. When the Athletics closed out the victory, it clinched it for the Cubs. Chicago was headed to the playoffs for the first time since 2008.
Carly Fiorina confronted by a Planned Parenthood supporter [1:55]
I gotta credit this pro-abort … she actually listens and speaks respectfully with Mrs. Fiorina