Daily Archives: February 21, 2015
Revelation 1 … 12 I saw seven gold lamp stands 13 and in the midst of the lamp stands [Jesus], wearing an ankle-length robe, with a gold sash around his chest. 16 In his right hand he held seven stars. 20 The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lamp stands are the seven churches.
Revelation 4 … 2 A throne was there in heaven, and on the throne sat 3 [God]. 5 Seven flaming torches burned in front of the throne, which are the seven spirits of God. 6 Around the throne, there were four living creatures covered with eyes in front and in back.
Revelation 8 … 2 And I saw that the seven angels who stood before God were given seven trumpets.
Revelation 11 … 15 Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet. There were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdom of the world now belongs to our Lord and to his Anointed, and he will reign forever and ever.”
Revelation 15 … 5 The temple that is the heavenly tent of testimony opened, 6 and the seven angels with the seven plagues came out of the temple. They were dressed in clean white linen, with a gold sash around their chests. 7 One of the four living creatures gave the seven angels seven gold bowls filled with the fury of God, who lives forever and ever.
Revelation 16 … 17 The seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air. A loud voice came out of the temple from the throne, saying, “It is done.”
Parsing the evidence above, I believe it is reasonable to conclude:
The Trumpets and Bowls are parallel descriptions of seven punishments.
- Trumpet Seven marks the final defeat of evil and the end of Great Tribulation. (Rev 11:15)
- Bowl Seven marks the final defeat of evil and the end of Great Tribulation. (Rev 16:17)
The seven Trumpet Angels are the seven spirits of God.
- Before God’s throne are seven flaming torches who are the seven spirits of God. (Rev 4:5)
- The angels who receive the trumpets are “the seven angels who stood before God.” (Rev 8:2)
The seven Bowl Angels are the angels of the churches in the temple. (Rev 15:5, 6-7)
- The plague angels who come out of the temple wear gold sashes like Jesus’. (Rev 1:13, Rev 15:6)
- Jesus wears this sash in the midst the lamp stands which are the churches. (Rev 1:12, 20)
- Jesus holds the angels (stars) in his right hand, signifying he has authority to command them. (Rev 1:16, 20)
- Who but Jesus would have the authority to give the Bowl Angels the plagues they will pour out with God’s fury? (Rev 15:6)
It’s probably just me,but I’m afraid this country will never be right again. Everything is faster,cheaper,shinier. A hundred million people living off a government check with millions more pouring across our borders to take what others have worked and sacrificed for. Two more years to agonize under Obama’s abuse then at least four years under Hillary. I will not live to see another republican president. The sight in my left eye is gone and this morning I had a severe emphysema attack in the shower. It gets harder to breathe every day. I take nebulizer treatments,but it’s just temporary. Any physical exertion leaves me gasping for air. It’s been two years since I quit smoking but the damage was done long ago. At least I can look back at my life and think: damn,I had me a time.
I WORE ONE OF THESE WHEN I WORKED IN A SERVICE STATION IN HIGH SCHOOL. CARS PULLED IN,WE PUMPED THEIR GAS,CLEANED THEIR WINDOWS,CHECKED THEIR OIL AND THE AIR IN THEIR TIRES AND MADE CHANGE. TRY TO GET A HIGH SCHOOL KID TO DO THAT NOWADAYS.
I WENT WAY OVERBOARD ON THIS POST,AND I HAVE SO MUCH MORE. I BEG YOUR FORGIVENESS,BUT MEMORIES ARE WHAT I HAVE LEFT OF WHAT ONCE WAS.