- Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who warned of a “harsh response,” ordered the demolition of the homes of the two Palestinians who carried out the attack.
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said he spoke to Netanyahu after the assault and denounced it as an “act of pure terror and senseless brutality and violence.”
- A small militant group calling itself the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine said the terrorists were members.
- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas condemned the attack, the first time he has done so since a recent spike in deadly violence against Israelis. He also called for an end to Israeli “provocations.”
- Hamas, the militant Palestinian group that runs the Gaza Strip, praised the attack. In Gaza, dozens took to the streets to celebrate, with some offering trays full of candy.
CtH: I think Dennis Prager summed all this up very neatly. The best bit starts at 4:00.
The Middle East Problem by Dennis Prager [5:39]