Nov 19, 2014: This thing really bugged me, so I fixed it.
Daily Archives: November 18, 2014
- Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who warned of a “harsh response,” ordered the demolition of the homes of the two Palestinians who carried out the attack.
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said he spoke to Netanyahu after the assault and denounced it as an “act of pure terror and senseless brutality and violence.”
- A small militant group calling itself the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine said the terrorists were members.
- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas condemned the attack, the first time he has done so since a recent spike in deadly violence against Israelis. He also called for an end to Israeli “provocations.”
- Hamas, the militant Palestinian group that runs the Gaza Strip, praised the attack. In Gaza, dozens took to the streets to celebrate, with some offering trays full of candy.
CtH: I think Dennis Prager summed all this up very neatly. The best bit starts at 4:00.
The Middle East Problem by Dennis Prager [5:39]
The White House announced it is forging ahead with its fascistic EPA “climate” regulations AND taunting Republicans, saying there’s little they can do to stop it.
In other words, their response to our voting in a Republican majority is “Fuck You.”
Clearly, the Empty Suit’s disdain for us has in no way been diminished by having his butt kicked earlier this month.
McConnell noted, “They’ve been on a rampage all across the country. And I think coal is the most conspicuous example, but it’s happening in a lot of other areas and I think you’re going to see bipartisan support for trying to rein them in.”
Although we won’t have a veto-proof majority, passing bills and forcing Obama to veto them will keep this crap tied up and in the headlines. We also have the courts, where the EPA’s authority to limit emissions have been and will likely continue to be challenged.
- H/t Pistol Pete
- White House taunts GOP on climate change: ‘I don’t believe they can stop us’
By Ben Wolfgang – The Washington Times – Monday, November 17, 2014