President Impostor by Mindful Webworker [:31]
Daily Archives: August 31, 2014
Victoria Osteen said this during a recent Sunday morning service:
“I just want to encourage everyone of us to realize when we obey God, we’re not doing it for God – I mean, that’s one way to look at it – we’re doing it for ourselves, because God takes pleasure when we’re happy. So I want you to know this morning: Just do good for your own self. Do good because God wants you to be happy. When you come to church, when you worship Him, you’re not doing it for God really. You’re doing it for yourself, because that’s what makes God happy. Amen?”
Victoria Osteen ‘Do Good for Your Own Self,’ Not for God [:37]
Osteen and her husband Joel co-pastor the Houston, Texas, mega Lakewood Church.
Steve Camp, pastor of the Cross Church in Palm City, Florida, says her words are essentially blasphemous.
“It’s the age old sin of idolatry – that it’s not about God, it’s about us,” he said. “True worship for the humanist is about how we feel at the end of the day and what gives us meaning, as opposed to what gives God glory.”
“She honestly believes that God exists to make us happy rather than holy,” Camp said. “She honestly believes that worship is about our fulfillment rather than His glory. That’s the bottom issue here.”
“First Corinthians so clearly says that whether we eat or drink, do it all to the glory of God. It’s not just self. Jesus said … in Matthew 16, ‘Deny yourself, take up your cross and follow Me.’
“The Osteens have just inverted that. They think it’s not the denial of self, but the exaltation of self,” Camp said. “They’re not trying to pursue a cross; they’re trying to pursue prosperity. And they’re certainly not following the biblical Jesus. They’re following whatever brings happiness and contentment.”
At Amazon, a reviewer of a Joel Osteen book wrote this:
“What is it that draws people to Joel Osteen? Why do people enjoy his teaching so much? After all, tens of thousands of people attend his church each week and hundreds of thousands more watch him on television. He has become one of America’s most popular pastors, even while he teaches things that most pastors would testify are inconsistent with the Bible.
“I think the secret to Osteen’s success is this: he teaches self-help but wraps it in a thin guise of Christian terminology. Thus people believe they are being taught the Bible when the reality is that they are learning mere human wisdom rather than divine wisdom. Osteen cunningly blends the wisdom of this age with language that sounds biblical. He blends the most popular aspects of New Age and self-help teaching with Christianity. And his audience is eagerly drinking this in.”
Osteen’s wife accused @ http://www.wnd.com/2014/08/joel-osteens-wife-accused-of-blasphemous-remarks/
Amazon review by Tim Challies “Spiritual Junk Food” @ http://smile.amazon.com/Become-Better-You-Improving-Every/product-reviews/0743296923/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0
Classic lines from Twitchy:
Q. Why does Massachusetts insist on inflicting the worst of their politicians on the rest of the country?
A. To get them out of the state.
I remember when John Kerry once said something intelligent. No wait, that was someone else. Never mind!
Who ever thought John “Swift Boat” Kerry and Hillary “What difference does it make?” Clinton would be good choices for Secretary of State? Oh right … that would be President Barack “Don’t do stupid shit” Obama.
The scale of the horror in Iraq is hard to fathom. Here are two personal stories to put a human face on it. Below the graphics is a timeline. Note: IS, ISIS and ISIL are all the same people.
TIMELINE: JUNE 2014
- June 10: The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) captures the city of Mosul, Iraq, occupies the Assyrian village of Qaraqosh, enters the St. Behnam Monastery, bombs an Armenian church.
- June 11, 2014: OBAMA’s Press Secretary condemns attacks by ISIS, offers condolences to the families of those killed, and underscores Obama’s commitment to limit U.S. involvement to primarily diplomatic encouragement to Iraqi leaders to fix their own problems.
- June 12: ISIS issues Islamic rules for Mosul.
- June 13: OBAMA announces “We will not be sending U.S. troops back into combat in Iraq, but I have asked my national security team to prepare a range of other options that could help support Iraqi security forces. … Ultimately it’s up to the Iraqis, as a sovereign nation, to solve their problems.”
- June 14: Assyrian, Yazidi and Shabak Villages come under Kurdish Control.
- June 15: Kurds attempt to remove an Assyrian council leader in Alqosh and replace him with a Kurd.
- June 18: ISIS Cuts Off Water, Electricity, Destroys Churches.
- June 19: ISIS destroys statue of the famous Arab poet Abu Tammam.
- June 21: ISIS begins imposing a poll tax (jizya) on Assyrians in Mosul, orders unmarried women to ‘Jihad by sex’, destroys the statue of the Virgin Mary at the Immaculate Church of the Highest in the neighborhood of Al Shafa in Mosul, as well as the statue of Mullah OsmanAl-Musali. Shiite Turkmen in the villages of Al Kibba and Shraikhan flee after receiving threats from ISIS. ISIS arrests 25 village elders and young men who are Turkmen in the village of Al Shamsiyat; their whereabouts is still unknown. ISIS orders Christian, Yazidis and Shiite government employees not to report for work in Mosul.
- June 23: ISIS Rape Christian Mother and Daughter, Kill 4 Christian Women for Not Wearing Veil.
- June 25: ISIS limits water from the plants in Mosul to one hour per day. Residents in surrounding areas are forced to dig wells.
- June 26: Kurds Clash With ISIS Near Assyrian Town East of Mosul, forcing nearly 50,000 Assyrians to flee.
- June 28: ISIS kidnaps two nuns and three Assyrian orphans. They are eventually released. ISIS begins confiscating the homes of Christians and non-Sunni Muslims. ISIS rounds up many of the security agency members of the police and army in Sabrine Mosque and asks them to declare “repentance” and surrender their weapons and other military equipment. After doing so, all of the prisoners are tried and sentenced according to Sharia law and executed. ISIS has prevented delivery of government food rations to Tel Kepe and other areas not under their control.
TIMELINE: JULY 2014
- July 3: ISIS seizes the house of the Chaldean Patriarchate and the house of Dr. Tobia, a member of Hammurabi Human Rights Organization and an Advisor to the Governor of Nineveh on Minority Affairs and General Coordinator with International Organizations.
- July 8: ISIS Removes Cross From Church in Mosul.
- July 10: ISIS bars women from walking the streets unless accompanied by a male. Nearly all barber shops and womens’ salons are closed.
- July 15: ISIS Stops Rations for Christians and Shiites in Mosul.
- July 17: ISIS issues statement ordering Christians to convert or die.
- July 18: ISIS in Mosul marks Christian homes with the Arabic letter “N” (for the word Nasrani, which means Christian).
- July 19: ISIS plunders Assyrians as they flee Mosul; families march 42 miles.
- July 22: ISIS and Kurds clash near Assyrian town, 2000 Assyrian families driven from Mosul.
- July 25: ISIS destroys the tomb of the Prophet Jonah.
- July 29: ISIS destroys or occupies all 45 Christian institutions in Mosul.
TIMELINE: AUGUST 2014
- August 2: ISIS loots 8 million dollars from Assyrian farms, captures Yazidi towns, kills 2,000 Yazidis, causes 200,000 to flee.
- August 4: Leader of Iraq’s Yazidis issues distress call, appeals for help against ISIS. Assyrians flee as ISIS approaches Assyrian villages in the Nineveh Plain.
- August 5: ISIS shells Assyrian town, 1 killed; Yazidis in desperate state.
- August 6: Kurds and ISIS clash outside Baghdede; ISIS begins using Yazidis as human shields; All the Assyrians from the villages of Bartella, Bashiqa, Bahzany, Tel Kepe, Batnaya and Telsqof flee.
- August 7: Assyrian Patriarch Pleads to the United Nations on Crisis in Iraq.
- August 7: OBAMA authorizes targeted airstrikes to protect Americans in Iraq and humanitarian airdrops of food and water to Yazidis trapped on Sinjar mountain.
- August 8: ISIS captures Baghdede, Bartella, and Karamlis, and moves north into the Nineveh Plain, causing 200,000 Assyrians to flee their towns and villages. Iraqi Parliament passes resolution accusing ISIS of genocide.
- August 9: ISIS forces all women in Mosul to wear the veil, including the full head cover. ISIS establishes black markets for goods to raise funds.
- August 9: OBAMA announces that American forces have conducted targeted airstrikes against terrorist forces outside the city of Erbil and made two successful airdrops of food and water to the people trapped Sinjar mountain.
- August 11: ISIS orders all families in Mosul to obtain approval before burying their dead. ISIS provides gasoline to Assyrians in Nineveh Plain to facilitate their departure. ISIS continues kidnapping women, with female ISIS members helping. Iraqi general says 70% of Yazidis on Mount Sinjar are dead.
- August 11: OBAMA announces that American forces have successfully conducted targeted airstrikes, stepped up military advice and assistance to Iraqi and Kurdish forces, and continued daily humanitarian efforts to the Yazidis stranded on Mount Sinjar.
- August 13: ISIS forces child patients at the cancer hospital in Mosul to hold ISIS flags and then photographed them for propaganda purposes. ISIS completely loots and plunders all homes in the the Assyrian Christian towns of Telsqof and Bashiqa. 100,000 Yazidi refugees are now in the town of Khanak without food, water or shelter.
- August 14: ISIS orders all former Assyrian church guards to surrender their weapons.
- August 14: OBAMA announces the U.S. and U.K. militaries have made humanitarian air drops of food and water and successfully hit ISIL targets around Mount Sinjar to help Kurdish and Yazidi ground troops evacuate trapped civilians.
- August 17: Kurdish militants train hundreds of Yazidis to fight ISIS. Kurdish forces capture Telsqof, advance towards Mosul Dam. With help from 2 U.S. airstrikes, Kurds retake Mosul Dam, the largest dam in Iraq.
- August 18: ISIS forcefully circumcises Assyrian Christian men in Mosul, sells 700 Yazidi women. ISIS kills more than 200 Yazidi men in the village of Kojo.
- August 19: UN launches new aid effort in north Iraq; Mosul dam recaptured.
- August 19: United States government officials confirm the video released by ISIS on Tuesday showing the cold-blooded execution of American journalist James Foley, of New Hampshire, is genuine.
- August 20: ISIS halt Iraqi offensive to recapture Saddam’s home town. Helicopters drop leaflets over Mosul urging residents to fight ISIS. Five Middle Eastern Patriarchs visit North Iraq in Solidarity with Christians. Pictures show aftermath of ISIS looting, plundering Assyrian town.
- August 20: OBAMA says he’s appalled by Foley video and then goes golfing on Martha’s Vineyard.
- August 21: ISIS loots Assyrian homes, vandalizes churches in Mosul.
- August 21: U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel says the ISIS threat Is “sophisticated and well-funded” and “beyond anything [terrorist group] we’ve seen.”
- August 22: Iraq voids real estate sales in ISIS controlled areas.
- August 25: U.N. human rights chief condemns Islamic State crimes in Iraq. Kurds advance on ISIS in Iraq. ISIS abduct 3 year-old Assyrian girl from fleeing family; 3 starve to death.
- August 26: UN Commission urges UN peacekeeping force for Nineveh Plain in North Iraq.
- August 27: Iraqi Christians weigh taking up arms against the Islamic State. Syriac Patriarch calls Islamic State actions ‘attempted genocide’.
- August 28: OBAMA announces the U.S. military continues to carry out targeted airstrikes and to “address the humanitarian situation on the ground” while remaining committed to limiting further involvement to encouraging locals to fix their own problems.
- August 29: Kurdish fighters recapture 7 villages in North Iraq. ISIS beheads Kurdish fighter.
- August 29, 2014: Agents across a number of Homeland Security, Justice and Defense agencies have all been placed on alert and instructed to aggressively work all possible leads and sources concerning an imminent terrorist threat by Islamic terrorist groups operating in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez.
August 29: OBAMA says we don’t have a strategy.
- August 30: Iraq Sunni rebels ready to fight Islamic State. 850,000 people have been displaced by ISIS in one month.
- August 30: Since August 8th, the U.S. has launched over 100 airstrikes against ISIS of varying levels of intensity. It’s safe to assume those planes are dropping bombs, firing missiles, the pilots who are flying these missions are risking their lives, and their loved ones waiting at home for them, would probably say the U.S. is at war. As for ISIS (or ISIS/IS), the ruthless murderers have beheaded one American already and they’re threatening to kill more. In fact, ISIS threatened Americans again today while beheading a captured a Kurdish soldier. ISIS appears to be at war with us, but according to the Obama White House, we are not at war with them.
- August 30: Iraq Sunni rebels ready to fight Islamic State. 850,000 people have been displaced by ISIS in one month.
- Elderly couple @ http://www.aina.org/news/20140829171511.htm
- Toddler @ http://www.religiousfreedomcoalition.org/2014/08/29/isil-grabs-3-year-old-girl-from-christian-mother-as-family-fled/
- Timeline WITH LINKS TO NEWS STORIES @ http://www.aina.org/news/20140729115702.pdf
- Mosul dam @ http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/17/us-ramps-up-iraq-air-strikes-kurdish-attack-dam
- Foley video genuine @ http://www.wcvb.com/news/isis-video-appears-to-show-journalist-james-foleys-beheading/27619126#!bM6XrM
- Imminent terror attack warning @ http://www.judicialwatch.org/bulletins/imminent-terrorist-attack-warning-feds-us-border/
OBAMA’s statements on IRAQ:
- June 13, 2014: Obama @ http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/06/13/statement-president-iraq
- August 7, 2014 Obama @ http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/08/07/statement-president
- August 9, 2014: Obama @ http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/08/09/statement-president-iraq
- August 11, 2014: Obama @ http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/08/11/statement-president-iraq
- August 14, 2014: Obama @ http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/08/14/statement-president
- August 18, 2014: Obama @ http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and-video/video/2014/08/18/president-speaks-iraq-and-ferguson#transcript
- August 20, 2014: Obama @ http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/08/20/statement-president
- August 28, 2014: Obama @ http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and-video/video/2014/08/28/president-obama-delivers-statement-economy-iraq-and-ukraine#transcript
- August 30, 2014: Obama’s Press Secy clarifies “we don’t have a strategy” @ http://www.ijreview.com/2014/08/172724-u-s-war-isis-white-house-press-secretary-gives-interesting-answer/
They reportedly targeted small businesses who “were hit hard by violence–violence committed (mostly) by out of town agitators, criminals, vandals, and hooligans.”
Why? Because, Bill Hennessy (one of the members who participated) writes, “you can’t change the world in your living room.”
Hennessy wrote about his experience in Ferguson and how their presence made residents rethink their preconceived notions of the tea party:
A gentleman (my age) in the salon (husband?) asked who we were with. I told him “St. Louis Tea Party.”
“Tea party?” he said. “You bad boys,” and chuckled. Then he looked at me, very serious. He said, “The tea party came up here to do this?”
“Oh, yeah,” I said. “we don’t want to see Ferguson go south.”
He laughed. And he looked at me. Then he was quiet, lost in thought for a minute. When he came out of it, he was like our best friend. Laughing, giving us crap about stuff, telling stories. He admitted baseball can be like “watching grass grow.”
In that moment of reflection, I’m sure he was trying to reconcile “tea party” with what he was seeing–four white people, ages 18 to 50, laughing, spending money, empathizing.
That moment made the whole event worthwhile.