It’s been a good couple of weeks for the Constitution. Coming right on the heels of two unanimous Supreme Court smack downs of Obama’s federal over-reach, SCOTUS ruled that non-union home healthcare workers cannot be forced to pay union dues and that closely held corporations cannot be forced to violate their religious beliefs.
Had Hobby Lobby lost their case against the HHS mandate, the Green family might well have shut the corporation down rather than violate their beliefs. That would have been 572 stores closed nationwide, and thousands of jobs lost.
Other business owners were waiting for the decision as well. E.g., Autocam which employs 1,500 worldwide and 660 employees in the U.S. Their case was also headed to SCOTUS, but it is so similar that the Hobby Lobby decision basically settles it in their favor.
The Left-Wingers demonstrated their well-known passion for civility and tolerance by misrepresenting the decision as “preventing women from having access to birth control” and threatening (with lots of profanity) to burn down Hobby Lobby stores.
The pathologically lying ignoramus otherwise known as Obamacrat Senator, Barbara “don’t call me ma’am” Boxer, sneered at the SCOTUS decision, making the “case” that Hobby Lobby never filed “moral objection to men getting viagra” and that “vaccines may be next.”
Best tweet responses:
- Boxer is so dumb, her strawmen need Viagra to stand up.
- Protip: If you have to bring Viagra into a discussion about birth control, you don’t really have any idea of what you’re talking about.
- Too bad Boxer and the Party of Science don’t have time to do actual research before they open their mouths.
- 1) #HobbyLobby already covers birth control. 2) Viagra doesn’t abort babies. #derp
- Viagra brings things to life; abortifacients, quite the opposite.
- Why is no Leftie worried about a woman’s right to the free practice of her religion?
For the record, Hobby Lobby pays for insurance coverage for more than a dozen forms of contraception. Their objection was to paying for chemical abortion drugs (RU-486, Plan B, the Morning After Pill) which Lefties mis-classify as contraception.
A concise list of Leftie Lies and the actual True Facts about
Sebelius Burwell v. Hobby Lobby
“I have never understood why it is ‘greed’ to want to keep the money you have earned but ‘not greed’ to want to take somebody else’s money.” ― Thomas Sowell, Barbarians inside the Gates and Other Controversial Essays