When I works,I works hard
When I moves,I moves fast
When I thinks I falls asleep
Monthly Archives: July 2014
This ad was supposed to promote anti-gun legislation. What it actually did was give women a vivid demonstration of why they need to arm themselves.
And guess what? The gals agree. An article at the New York Times says,
“In the debate over firearms regulations, the voices of gun owners have largely been those of men. But at firing ranges across the country, a growing number of women are learning to use firearms and honing their skills.
“Women’s participation in shooting sports has surged over the last decade, increasing by 51.5 percent for target shooting from 2001 to 2011, to just over 5 million women, and by 41.8 percent for hunting, according to the National Sporting Goods Association.
“Gun sales to women have risen in concert. In a survey last year by the National Shooting Sports Foundation, 73 percent of gun dealers said the number of female customers had gone up in 2011, as had a majority of retailers surveyed in the two previous years.”
I find I am unable to comment honestly on how I feel about a grown man who has such a panty wad jammed up his crack that he actually sues a widow for something her dead husband may or may not have done eight years ago. “Turn the other cheek” comes to mind. Beyond that, my thoughts turn to unladylike words I try not to use.
Here is the back story …
On July 29, 2014, a jury awarded Jesse Ventura $1.8 million in his lawsuit against the estate of American Sniper author Chris Kyle. Ventura claimed that the book defamed him when it claimed Kyle had punched him for saying that “the Navy SEALs deserve to lose a few.”
Ventura’s lawyer said Kyle’s claims that Ventura said he hated America, thought the U.S. military was killing innocent civilians in Iraq, and that the SEALs “deserve to lose a few” had made him a pariah in the community that mattered most to him – the brotherhood of current and former SEALs.
- As far as I can figure, Ventura never denied he’d slandered the SEALs he claimed to care so much about.
- What he denied was that Kyle had decked him.
I’m sorry but ……….. jaw dropping amazement here. A former SEAL and professional wrestler got his panties in a bunch because some other SEAL claimed to have punched him? Did the big, bad, now deceased man also call Baby Butthurt a mean name?
Ventura’s attorney suggested $5 million to $15 million would be “reasonable compensation” for “irreparable harm” to Ventura’s “reputation.”
- Ventura’s REPUTATION?!
- Is he freaking KIDDING me?!
Jesse Ventura: Was Jesus gay? [4:57]
Although the headline of this blog — “Frustrated by GOP’s Unwillingness to Take the Bait, Obama Signs First-Ever Self-Impeachment Order” — is facetious, the two dozen articles that Pundit From Another Planet has linked below the photo seem to be a very good compilation of reports on the subject. http://punditfromanotherplanet.com/2014/07/30/breaking-in-historic-move-obama-signs-executive-order-to-impeach-himself/
[The graph is from fivethirtyeight.com, a site that specializes in data analysis.]
As I whiz past my 900th post!
I beg you forgiveness for indulging in a little nostalgia. These are all part of a happier time. Before January 2017 finally comes I fear there won’t be much left to look back on from what once made us great.
In the past 48 hours, the Obama White House has joined the Democratic fundraising apparatus in what appears to be a campaign to encourage Republicans to impeach the president. House Speaker John Boehner says it’s all a Democrat scam to boost fund-raising.
“We have no plans to impeach the president.”
For once, I agree with Boehner. I think the worst thing we can do to the Narcissist-in-Chief is to IGNORE him. Let’s just get on with things as if he were exactly what he’s made himself … irrelevant.
One of Hamas’ main command bunkers is located beneath Shifa HOSPITAL in Gaza City.
Yes, a hospital. And it’s no SECRET that it’s there!
- On July 15, 2014, William Booth of the Washington Post wrote that the hospital “has become a de facto headquarters for Hamas leaders, who can be seen in the hallways and offices.”
- Back in 2006, PBS aired a documentary showing gunmen denying hospital staff access to protected locations within the building.
During the three weeks of Israel’s Operation Protective Edge, Hamas has been caught using not just hospitals, but also mosques and schools to hide militants and weapons, all of which are contrary to international rules of war created to protect civilians. When their actions result in casualties to their own people, they publish bloody photos and blame the Israelis.
- On July 28, 2014, Hamas attempted to fire a rocket with a 220 lbs warhead at central Israel from a playground outside the Shifa hospital. It exploded on the site, wounding and killing dozens. Palestinians blamed the explosion on an Israeli air strike.
So why are reporters presenting Israel as the aggressor and Hamas as the victim? Because, unlike Hamas, Israel has never kidnapped or murdered any journalists who made them look bad. Currently, Hamas is refusing to allow any journalists to leave Gaza and at least one who failed to submit Hamas propaganda to his editors has been subjected to Hamas interrogation.
Instead of believing pro-Hamas news reports, listen to what Hamas actually says and does.
Hamas Sermon from the Gaza Strip: “We will totally exterminate you. We will not leave a single one of you alive.” – July 2014
For total bird-versity, the jungle beats all. But in temperate zones, the wide variety of foods and nesting opportunities offered by suburban gardeners and landscapers attracts more birds than either densely populated cities or wild natural settings. This certainly seems to hold true at my house. Our lot is 1/3 acre; the house is in the middle. I did a count one dawn feeding time and identified ten different bird species just in my back yard just in a space of ten minutes.
Amazon readers also chimed in with their 947 one star reviews. Samples from the first 6 (of 95) pages:
- I wish I could give this book negative stars.
- It’s all I ME MYSELF!!!
- “Cheesy, trite, and meaningless” from “a strong liberal who really wanted to like this book.”
- As SecState, she floated around the world for four years at taxpayer expense and failed to do a single thing.
- This was clearly a fundraising book for her campaign. She just lost one vote.
- Positively the worst book that has ever been written. Lie after lie after lie.
- This was an excruciatingly tortured read.
- It read like an early high school, “What did you do on your summer vacation with machine guns tied to the car, Johnny?”
- I’d rather get a root canal than read this hideous and boring book again.
- This is the first time I’ve seen a book with five times as many one star as five star reviews.
- One star is five too many for this book.
- The dictionary is a better read.
- Immature writing that would have been panned in 11th grade English.
- I feel bad for the trees that were wasted.
- I was expecting an insightful look at the ins and outs of the White House and State Department. I should have spent my $30 on dinner.
- If this lazy, arrogant, dishonest coward becomes our next President, after 8 years of Obama, we will be completely done in.
- The hardest choice Hillary ever had to face was what flavor of cake to eat.
- I used to admire her for standing by her man; turns out, she was more gold digger than heroine.
- A litany of self-serving, self-aggrandizing tripe.
- Wait for the movie, then don’t watch it.
- Once I was done reading the book, I needed to take a shower to wash away the nonsensical hogwash that I was force-fed.
- Reading this made me want to stick a fork in my eye.
- I would rather have my scrotum sewn to the carpet than read another page.