Democrats say they are the party of the people who CARE. Bull. They’ve been in charge in Washington since January of 2007. They OWN the pain of all the Americans who are unemployed and underemployed because of their ineptness and job-killing policies, but they spend most of their time spewing lies about Republicans.
Legislation must be passed by BOTH the House of Representatives AND the Senate, and THEN it must be signed by the President before becoming law. The political party that holds majority control of two (or three) of these three entities has dominance over policy.
For 2007-2008, when the recession began, Democrats had the majority in both the House and the Senate. Republican President Bush gets blamed for the recession, but it was Democrats (including Obama in the Senate) who were calling the shots in Washington.
For 2009-2010, Democrats not only gained the White House, but also enjoyed large majorities in both the Senate and the House of Representatives. With a super majority, Obamacrats were free to do anything they wanted to fix the economy. But while other nations affected by the global recession were showing strong job recovery, the United States experiened more and worse job losses. The Obamacrat Super Majority continued to blame Bush and the eeeeeeevil Republicans, all of whom were mysteriously powerful despite being (a) retired and (b) in the minority.
For 2011-2012, Democrats had the White House and the Senate, while Republicans had the House of Representatives. Obamacrats continued to blame Bush and the eeeeevil Republicans in the House for blocking economic recovery.
For 2013-2014, Democrats again have the White House and the Senate, while Republicans have just the House of Representatives.
- Since the current session of Congress began in January 2013, the Republican-majority House of Representatives has passed FORTY JOBS BILLS.
- The Democrat-majority Senate under Harry Reid has refused to discuss or vote on any of them!
- Yet Obamacrats continue to blame the Republican-majority House for blocking economic recovery.
- (Obama has also blamed the weather, ATM machines, an earthquake in Japan and numerous other absurdities, none of which touches the real issue, which is his inept leadership.)
Below is a graph comparing the depth of job losses and the number of months to recovery for all post-WWII recessions. I have highlighted four of these and given the month count to recovery for each. I chose:
- YELLOW: The quickest recovery (1980) when Democrat President Carter had an all-Democrat Congress;
- BLUE: The second worst recession for total job losses (1948) when Democrat President Truman had an all-Republican Congress;
- BROWN: The post 9/11 recession when Republican President Bush had an all-Republican Congress; and
- RED: The All-Democrat 2007-20014 debacle that lasted six and a half YEARS.
Below is a graph comparing long-term joblessness from 1969 to present. Until Obamacrats took over, long-term joblessness never topped short-term, even when overall joblessness rose. Thanks to people like Obama, Reid and Pelosi, long-term joblessness not only topped short-term, but actually sky-rocketed to unprecedented levels.
So yeah … you hard-core Democrats … you just keep right on believing that yours is the party of the people who CARE, cuz that’ll be way easier for you than facing up to the fact that you’re so filled with hate and prejudice for your fellow Americans who vote (R) that you can’t even see straight.