Carson’s 7 Principles:
- Our health is the most personal and important thing we possess, therefore its care must be under our control.
- Centralization and bureaucracy are the antithesis of personalization, and only discourage choice and innovation.
- Large-scale change should not be imposed from above. Instead, we must have the freedom to choose what is best for our families and build on proven successes.
- Advancing technology and innovation can reduce costs and increase efficiency but every individual must always own and control their personal medical information.
- States should have maximum flexibility to design the programs that serve their citizens.
- Employers and individuals purchasing health insurance must always be free to buy coverage and benefits consistent with their moral and religious beliefs.
- Physicians are the backbone of our healthcare system and deserve to practice in an environment free of unnecessary, frivolous and costly lawsuits.
The American Legacy PAC says that these principles will be developed into an alternative plan to Obamacare later this year.
Dr. Ben Carson: Let’s Save our Healthcare – Sign American Legacy PAC’s Petition