January 22, 2014: Quinnipiac Poll
What do you think should be the top priority for President Obama and Congress in 2014?
(Note: This was an open-ended question, not a multiple choice question.)
The SINGLE BIGGEST RESPONSE: 18% responded “Healthcare”
Here are the responses as grouped and ranked by CtH:
48% = Economy worries and stuff the Feds are supposed to do (combined)
- 16% Jobs/Unemployment
- 15% Economy(General)
- 12% Budget and Taxes (combined)
- 4% Budget(General)
- 3% Budget deficit
- 2% Budget(Gov spending)
- 1% Budget (Other)
- 1% Taxes(General)
- 1% Military Issues/Benefits
- 2% Foreign Policy
- 2% Immigration Issues
- 1% Obama resign
36% = Social engineering stuff the Feds are NOT supposed to do (combined)
- 18% Healthcare
- 2% Education (General)
- 1% Wages/Minimum Wage
- 1% Income inequality
- 1% Class inequality
- 1% Social Issues/Social Services
- 1% Gun Issues/Policy/Control
- 1% Environment
24% = People who don’t pay enough attention to answer intelligently (combined)
- 10% Other (less than 1% each)
- 9% Don’t Know / No Answer
- 4% Bipartisan/Cross party lines/ Coop to get things done
- 1% Candidate cares about people
January 27, 2014: Pew Opinion Poll
Which of the following should Congress and the President make a top priority?
Note: This was NOT an open-ended question. Percents given were for those who says YES to top priority.
The SINGLE BIGGEST RESPONSE: 80% Strengthening the Economy
Issues more or less evenly split Republican vs. Democrat:
- 80% Strengthening nation’s economy
- 74% Improving job situation
- 73% Defending against terrorism
- 69% Improving education
- 66% Securing Social Security
- 63% Reducing budget deficit
- 61% Securing Medicare
- 59% Reducing health care costs
- 55% Reducing crime
- 55% Reforming the nation’s tax system
- 45% Dealing with nation’s energy problem
- 42% Reducing the influence of lobbyists
- 41% Dealing with illegal immigration
- 39% Improving infrastructure
- 28% Dealing with global trade
Issues predominantly Democrat:
- 49% Helping poor and needy
- 49% Protecting environment
- 29% Dealing with global warming
Issues predominantly Republican:
- 43% Strengthening the military
- 39% Dealing with moral breakdown
Filed under Budget, Climate, Democrats, Economy, Immigration, Medicare/Medicaid, Minimum Wage, Obamacare, Polls, Republicans, Taxes, Unemployment
Last week, the Administration quietly excused millions of people from the requirement to purchase health insurance or else pay a tax penalty, WITHOUT bothering to TELL us.
- This latest political reconstruction of “settled law” received zero media notice, and the Health and Human Services Department didn’t think the details were worth discussing in a conference call, press materials or fact sheet.
- Instead, the mandate suspension was buried in an unrelated rule inside a seven-page technical bulletin. And it doesn’t even say what it means. It just refers you to some OTHER rule in some OTHER technical bulletin that was issued last December.
When HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius testified yesterday in front of the House Ways and Means Committee, she was asked about the Wall Street Journal editorial “ObamaCare’s Secret Mandate Exemption” (March 12) that exposed the above. (Links below.)
- Ms. Sebelius said she hadn’t read the editorial, but it was “not accurate”, except then she went on to explain that it was, in fact, accurate.
- This is the number one person making all the rules and regulations about who can get what health care and how much it will cost.
February 2014: 943,000 new people enrolled in Obamacare.
- 17.7% less than 1.146 million who enrolled in January.
- 34.6% less than the 1.27 million HHS had predicted would enroll in February.
On March 11, 2014, HHS spokesperson told reporters, “We don’t think we had a decline.”
- Why not?
- “February’s obviously a short month.”
- Which you … what? … did NOT know when you projected 1.27 million?
Total target is 6 million enrollments by March 31, 2014.
- The official declined to give total enrollments to date.
- Goldman Sachs thinks maybe 4 million.
The official also told reporters, “We think we’re in good shape.”
Hard to figure how they figure that, seeing as they’ve been running MAYBE a million a month, need probably 2 million more, and the deadline is at the end of this month.
But hey … these are the SAME PEOPLE who are using “enrollments” to try and convince us Zerocare is too working.
“Enrollments” counts every person who signed up, not which of these persons has had their applications accepted and/or paid even a single premium.
But yeah. Sure. You’re in “good shape.”
And there are people in Kenya who think Barack Obama is a great guy.
Posted by Pistol Pete
Feeling a bit schizophrenic today. Be prepared.
32 yr old man punches 8 year old in the face to steal his I-pad
Ex-soldier, 34, on trial for killing his five-year-old daughter, ‘kicked her so hard he left a boot imprint on her chest’
Pregnant woman gang-raped in vicious Wisconsin home invasion
Savagely beat woman’s blind husband;possibly went to burglarize wrong house
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/13/horror-pregnant-woman-gang-raped-in-vicious-wisconsin-home-invasion/#ixzz2vrci8hxh
Montgomery,Al.: Two 19 year old Taco Bell employees beat woman manager with tire iron before shooting her in the head and dumping her behind restaurant.
NOW TRY TO GUESS WHAT THEY ALL HAVE IN COMMON
OMG!SOMEBODY DONE SHOT BILL MAHER!