Will Presidents Day 2015 be when we all line up to take our Oath of Loyalty to President for Life Obama?
Various Tweeters (VT) engaged Donna Brazile (DB) in an interesting discussion:
- DB – @BarackObama. Enjoy #PresidentsDay. With Congress on recess, this is action day! Let’s move America forward.
- VT – @donnabrazile Well, I guess it’s good news that the pretense is over.
- DB – President Obama is not going to be able to get this Congress to do things, but then nobody can get this Congress to do anything.
- VT – @donnabrazile That full Democrat Congress in 2009?
- DB – Even during Obama’s first term, Mitch McConnell said that thwarting him was their biggest political priority. #PresidentsDay of action.
- VT – @donnabrazile you tweet as if no one remembers the Bush years or no on can use google to refute your ridiculous assertions
- DB – This Congress had duck on the menu from the very beginning.
- VT – @donnabrazile America, in 2012, voted for gridlock. If voters wanted Obama to have a blank check, they’d have given Dems back the House.
- DB – Hateful tweets, incivility, rudeness or simple name calling will never get America moving forward. Hate is not a winning political strategy.
- VT – @donnabrazile This level of sycophancy for the President is really disturbing.
- DB – “This level of sycophancy for the President is really disturbing.” Par for the course.
- VT – @donnabrazile Pointing out a disturbingly anti-democratic tweet is not “hate,” Donna. Try being an adult; it’s not as scary as it sounds.
- DB – Here’s 1 more: some folks have tried to make President Obama a lame duck since his 1st inauguration. He hasn’t quacked yet.
- VT – @donnabrazile So basically you’re saying he’s a failure of a leader? I agree.True leaders, rise above and accomplish great things.Not Obama
Comments at Twitchy:
- Liberal rule #3, when logic and reason show your position as weak and indefensible, shut down the debate by playing the hate card.
- “Hate is not a winning political strategy.” . . . how about ‘revenge’ – or ‘payback’?
- Scratch a lefty and find a totalitarian. But call them on it and they whine about civility.
In 2003, Hillary Clinton screeched, “I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you’re not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration.”
Just saw this on Angelaisms twitter feed and had to add it here: