January 13, 2014: Check out this tweet thread by a self-proclaimed fan of ObamaCare
- 1:53 PM If no one at @CoveredCA or Anthem will take my premium payment or answer the phone, how am I supposed to be covered as of Jan 1?
- 1:53 PM – No one has defended the ACA louder than I have, but this is insane. I pay online, but the money isn’t charged to my credit card.
- 1:54 PM – I phone Anthem Blue Cross and @CoveredCA, hear a recorded message, then get dropped. I have no idea if I’m covered or not at this point.
- 1:55 PM – I’ve paid TWICE. Online, and I receive a confirmation email. Then I get another reminder to pay them.
- 1:56 PM – But they don’t charge my credit card, and I can’t get hold of an actual person to answer questions.
- 1:58 PM – Apologies for the rant. Since Anthem refuses to hear me, I’ve chosen to shout impotently into the Twitterverse.
- 1:59 PM – Anthem just wasn’t prepared. Despite having YEARS to get ready for the ACA.
- 2:03 PM – The recorded message keeps blaming the ACA for the delays. It’s all Obama’s fault!
- 2:08 PM – Half the time, I get the “all circuits are busy” message. The rest of the time, the phone system hangs up on me.
- 2:09 PM – I’m technically in a rural area, so I only had the one choice of insurer. At least it’s a PPO.
- 2:15 PM – I’m hearing horror stories of people who’ve been trying for weeks to reach an actual person, on hold for 10 hours, etc.
- 2:18 PM – I think Anthem’s strategy is to just never answer calls and hope we all go away.
Interesting, isn’t it, how given a choice, she kneejerks to blaming the private insurance company that’s trying to provide a product in the face of massive and massively incompetent federal regulation?
Typical Dumbocrat. She prolly thinks having supported ObamaCare, she should get preferential treatment while signing up. Cuz like you know only evil right-wingnuts deserve to get screwed by the federales.
Here’s a tip for ya, honey. Go read up on the French Revolution. Or if real history is too hard for you, try watching every episode of the BBC’s brilliant series, Robin Hood, and pay attention to the rather critical point that Robin and his band were outlaws fighting high taxes and government oppression. Think: Tea Partiers with bows and arrows.