October 12, 2013: The EBT system crashed in 17 states, leaving food stamp shoppers out of luck. U.S. Department of Agriculture spokeswoman Courtney Rowe said the outage is not related to the government shutdown.
Typically when the cards aren’t working retailers can call a backup phone number to find out how much money customers have available in their account. But that information also was unavailable because of the outage, so customers weren’t able to use their cards.
Pretty convenient glitch, coming right when Obama Democrats are under fire for doing everything possible to make the shut down HURT.
I’ve just got two thoughts at the moment.
One, expect Lefties and their Well Trained Sheeple to blame Republicans in 3 … 2 … 1.
Two, consider what life in these United States will become when the Debt Train crashes and the Gummint Goodies STOP for real.
Twitchy collected more reports from on the ground:
- Just came back from Walmart and people EBT cards not working. They looking sick.
- these ppl on connected are really freaking out because thier ebt doesn’t work.
- EBT is down in the state of Georgia , seen lots of pissed off people today at work.
- EBT cards turned off in Maryland
- Almost a riot in Aldi bc EBT is down. Not leaving the house again.
- Mom saw a bunch of women crying bc their EBT cards dont work & now they cant feed their kids. Breaks my heart.
- ebt shutdown. It’s about to get really fucking real!!!
- lock your doors load your guns they cut off ebt cards
- Yeah it’s really a “coincidence” that the EBT system is down during a government shutdown. How’s the weather in your factless bubble?
- Well, “never let a crisis go to waste”….