TWO recent polls demonstrate that the MAJORITY of AMERICANS believe the UNBORN have a RIGHT to LIFE.
53%* of Americans are Pro-Life:
- Abortion should be prohibited in all circumstances: 11%
- Abortion should be legal only to save the life of the mother: 14%
- Abortion should be legal only to save the life of the mother, or in cases of rape or incest: 28%
- NOTE: Only one to three percent of all abortions in the U.S. are for life, rape, incest.
30%* of Americans are Pro-Choice:
- Abortion should be legal for any reason but not after the first three months of pregnancy: 20%
- Abortion should be legal for any reason but not after the first 6 months of pregnancy: 10%
- NOTE: The large body of scientific and medical research indicates that by at least 20 weeks, unborn children are capable of feeling the excruciating pain of abortion. Once this fact is explained to them, a significant number of Pro-Choice Americans choose to support the Pain-Capable Unborn Protection Acts that seek to outlaw these “torture until death” procedures. According to the CDC, approximately 1.27 babies are tortured to death per day in Texas alone, a state that is widely considered to be largely Pro-Life.
12%* of Americans are Pro-Abortion:
- Abortion should be legal for any reason at any time during a woman’s pregnancy: 12%
- NOTE: The official Democrat Party Platform on abortion not only takes this extremist, minority opinion, but goes even further to demand that all Americans PAY for abortions, regardless of their religious beliefs or conscience objections.
*National Poll of All Americans conducted by the Polling Company February 28-March 3, 2013 with 1,000 respondents and a 3.1% margin of error.