Within hours, Obama Apologist In Chief David Axelrod did the totally expectable … he blamed Republicans!
Never mind, Mr. Axelrod, that DEMOCRATS have had MAJORITY CONTROL in Washington, D.C., since January of 2007.
Republicans are SO SUPER EVIL and SO SUPER POWERFUL that we can stall Democrat Efforts To Do Good without even being in power! Heck, we can do it without even being in office, as they’ve pointed out so many times when whining about how George Bush is still mucking up foreign policy and the economy and Mitt Romney, Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin collectively manage to be responsible for everything from Benghazi to Michelle’s bad hair days.
But, snark aside … how about a reality check, mmm? Remember when Obama swooped into the White House back in January of 2009, declaring he was gonna FIX THE ECONOMY BUSH BROKE?
Job #1 was to pass The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 — aka, Stimulus or Porkulus depending on which side of the aisle you prefer. President Obama signed the $787 billion worth of additional spending into law on February 17, 2009.
- The primary and immediate objective was allegedly to “save and create jobs.”
It’s simple to see what a total failure Porkulus was on the primary objective. This graph shows the percentage of Americans who have jobs cross-referenced with Republican vs. Democrat leadership in Washington. The green shadowed area shows the impact of Porkulus on job creation.
The secondary and more long-term objective was to “invest in infrastructure, education, health, and ‘green’ energy.”
Go back and look at that bridge. Fixing bridges is one of the things that falls under the “invest in infrastructure” category. You’d think an obsolete bridge that’s more than half a century old might’ve been pretty high on that Stimulus list, wouldn’t you? You’d be wrong.
As you ponder the above and read the list below, please keep in mind that EVERY DIME of the money spent on Porkulus was BORROWED from some future generation of taxpayers.
You’d think that stealing from your kids and grandkids would be something you’d do for only the direst of national emergencies, wouldn’t you? You’d be wrong.
Here are just some of the things that Obama Democrats robbed Baby Peters to grease the palms of Democrat Pauls:
- $389,000 to study the effects of malt liquor and marijuana
- $427,000 to research better video game design for senior citizens
- $447,492 on development and use of “African American English” among 70 adolescents
- $550,000 to replace windows at a Forest Service center that is closed
- $578,000 to solve the problem of homelessness in a town that had no homeless
- $700,000 to study how monkeys respond to inequality
- $712,000 to develop “machine-generated humor”
- $760,000 to develop interactive dance software
- $850,000 to study how paying attention improves problem solving
- $1,150,000 to replace a guardrail around an empty lake
- $1,900,000 to study ants
- $2,200,000 to install energy efficient skylights in an alcohol warehouse
- $3,400,000 to construct wildlife bridges for animals
- $9,300,000 to design robotic bees
- $11,000,000 to build a bridge for Microsoft’s headquarters
- $54,000,000 to relocate a bridge for the the Napa Valley Wine Train
I do not give a flying finger how wonderful or worthy any of these projects may or may not have been. They didn’t merit debting to pay for them. Period.