Obama Caught in Bald-Faced Lie on White House Sequester [1:29]
Sequester cuts kicked in March 1 and the Obamas are using it as an excuse to cancel White House activities they don’t much care for. For example, they don’t like having people trooping through “their” digs, so White House tours were all canceled, even the school tours that had already been approved and scheduled for spring break trips.
The Obamas themselves all took spring break vacays, natch. Barack went to Florida to golf. Malia and Sasha went to the Bahamas with school chums, then met up with Michelle in Idaho to ski. It was their second ski trip of 2013.
The Obamas also lurve Lurve LURVE celebrities, so in the first half of April, they’ve also managed to scrape up a few bucks to enjoy:
- a White House reception for the Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings and major league soccer champs LA Galaxy,
- security and motorcade for Barack to play golf two weekends in a row,
- security and motorcade so Barack could attend the Syracuse-Marquette NCAA tournament basketball game at the Verizon Center and schmooze with Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III,
- a “42 Film Workshop” with Harrison Ford in the State Dining Room,
- an exclusive viewing of “42” with the film’s cast and crew in the White House theater, and
- an East Room celebration of Memphis soul music, with performances by stars like Justin Timberlake and Queen Latifah.
One previously scheduled annual event has been canceled for this month … allegedly due to a “lack of funds.”
- The annual White House reception for noted Jewish-Americans in honor of Jewish American Heritage Month.
Meanwhile, Israel came to a halt for two minutes to honor Jews slaughtered in the Holocaust.