Today is Monkey Mama’s due date. Can you imagine a better one?! 🙂 Plus, we have crocuses at our house, so maybe winter really is finally over.
Monthly Archives: March 2013
I googled yesterday and learned that chapter and verse numbers were not part of the Bible until the 16th century.
It got me thinking that looking only at the order, structure and textual clues in Revelation would be interesting and possibly quite fruitful.
Quick recap: I showed in previous blogs how the Letters/Seals and Trumpets/Bowls are matchers and that Seal Six looks to be the Rapture event.
I also speculated briefly about what the Letter to Laodicea and Seal Seven indicate will happen between the Rapture and the Great Tribulation. Since then, I had a great talk with Mama Buzz who came up with an interesting thought that maybe heaven would be silent because the Elect go to Earth to help Jesus knock on all those hearts.
I’ve got zero evidence for this idea, apart from the “silence in heaven” thing. And I know he wouldn’t need our help! But he likes it when we help. Maybe he’ll let us appear in dreams or visions to those friends and loved ones who didn’t listen before we were Raptured. It’s a nice thought!
Now, about that textual analysis. My first gleaning is very cool, because it adds even more power to my matchers interpretation. Check it out. The two sets of sevens mirror each other structurally!
Greg Gutfeld defends Jason Biggs’ and Jim Carrey’s First Amendment right to demonstrate what fools they really are.
… but Obama may have been right when he opined that we are no longer a Christian nation.
Islamic revolutionaries advise _Resident Øbama on foreign and domestic policy
- 1987: The FBI had sources inside the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood network reporting that the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) was a front for the MB. He told the FBI that he is “convinced that this organization has a secret agenda which includes the spread of the Islamic Revolution to all non-Islamic governments in the world which does include the United States.” He also provided a secret ISNA document that “clearly states that ISNA has a political goal to exert influence on political decision making and legislation in North America that is contrary to their certification in their not-for-profit tax returns.”
- 1988: A Muslim Brotherhood document listed ISNA as part of its “apparatus.”
- 1991: A Muslim Brotherhood document listed the ISNA and its components among “our organizations.”
- 2009: A federal judge upheld the designation of the ISNA as a U.S. Muslim Brotherhood entity and an unindicted co-conspirator in the trial of the Holy Land Foundation, because of “ample” evidence linking ISNA to Hamas.
- 2013: ISNA president and some high-ranking members of the group toured the White House and met twice in March with President Obama and his high level advisers about immigration and Middle East policy.
College: Pro-Life BAD; Anti-Semitism GOOD.
March 12th, 2013: The Student Government Association (SGA) at Johns Hopkins University voted on two applications from student groups for recognition as official students clubs. The anti-abortion group, Voice for Life (VFL), was denied. The anti-semitic group, Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP), was approved. Source @ http://www.lifenews.com/2013/03/29/johns-hopkins-denies-pro-life-club-equates-them-to-white-supremacists/
Planned Parenthood: Die, Baby. Die.
- Q to official Planned Parenthood representative: What happens at your clinics when a baby survives an abortion?
- A to Legislator: I don’t know.
- Q: Do you oppose medical care for live-born abortion survivors?
- A: We believe that decision should be between the abortion provider and the patient.
ONE piece of GOOD news on this depressing Good Friday
The 10th Circuit Court of Appeals has granted Hobby Lobby’s petition for hearing before the entire court rather than the usual three-judge panel on its appeal of a judge’s decision requiring the Christian-owned and operated business to comply with the Obama Administration’s HHS mandate. Source @ http://www.lifenews.com/2013/03/29/hobby-lobby-granted-full-appeals-court-hearing-on-mandate-challenge/
H/t: Pistol Pete
Why Liberals Like Touré Love Racism [8:40] < Worth the time!
The word “Maundy” is derived from the Latin word mandatum, or “mandate.”
This word is used in the Latin text for John 13:34:
“Mandatum novum do vobis ut diligatis invicem sicut dilexi vos.”
Or, in English:
“A new commandment I give unto you,
That ye love one another; as I have loved you.”
Holy Thursday is thus sometimes called Maundy Thursday because it was on this day that Christ gave us the new commandment – the new mandate – to love one another as he loves us.
Posted by Pistol Pete
Some days there just isn’t much worth talking about.
CtH: Had to add these to above 🙂
The standard talking point among Darwin advocates WAS that no genuine scientist opposes the theory of evolution. BUT, so many genuine scientists have now jumped off the Darwin wagon, the faithful have had to find a new meme.
It’s “only some molecular biologists” who have fallen off the wagon, but really, it’s okay! Because, clearly they just are not able to appreciate the “superior truth” of evolution because they’re so steeped in the study of the inner workings of life at its most basic levels.
Shorter Meme: The fallen have lost their faith in Darwin because they got too smart about biology.
- Riiiiiiiiiiight. That really works. ::snort::
High-Level Defectors from Evolutionary Theory Leave a Top Darwin Defender Feeling “Disturbed”
Wayne LaPierre is an Executive VP of the NRA and an outspoken advocate for the right to keep and bear arms. He has been in the news numerous times since the shooting in Connecticut, standing firm in the face of the Progressive media’s attacks on guns.
On a recent episode of Meet The Press, LaPierre said,
“Let me hold up a mirror right now to the whole national news media and the White House. Do you know where Chicago ranks in terms of enforcement of the federal gun laws? Out of 90 jurisdictions in the country, they ranked 90th. Why doesn’t NBC News start with: ‘Shocking news on Chicago. Of all the jurisdictions in the country, Chicago’s dead last on enforcement of the federal gun laws’?”
Politico reporter Lois Romano called LaPierre “a tired old white guy that is clinging on to something of the past.”
These people aren’t stupid. They know that Chicago has one of the most stringent set of gun laws in the nation AND one of the highest rates of gun violence in the country. They just don’t care.
It’s not about facts for them; it’s about ideology. They paraded the Newtown victims to support their efforts to disarm law-abiding Americans. That didn’t work, so now they’re turning on the insults.
Thomas Sowell said:
“If people in the media cannot decide whether they are in the business of reporting news or manufacturing propaganda, it is all the more important that the public understand that difference, and choose their news sources accordingly.”
Source I ripped off and elaborated upon for this blog:
Liberals Rip NRA as They Lose Gun Control Battle by Frank Camp – March 26, 2013