Some of the Left’s outspoken opponents of the 2d Amendment include:
- New York’s Mayor Bloomberg … who has a 24/7 armed body guard provided by taxpayers, a guard that he takes with him when he travels even to Bermuda where guns are largely forbidden.
- New York’s Senator Chuck Schumer … who not only possesses an unrestricted pistol permit for his concealed personal weapon, but who also charges off the cost of his armed body guards to the taxpayers of New York.
- California’s Senator Diane Feinstein … who has an unrestricted concealed weapons permit and is apparently incapable of shame. When she participated in a publicized gun turn-in program she contributed a cheap model for the meltdown, while retaining her .357 magnum revolver.
- Columnist Carl Rowan … who having oft opined about the evils of firearms ownership, secretly possessed a license to own firearms, one of which he used to wound a white teenager he caught trespassing on his property. (The kid said he wanted to take a dip in the pool.)
- Rosie O’Donnell … who has three armed bodyguards who protect herself and her family.
From the unhypocritical side of the aisle …
The National Association of Chiefs of Police recently conducted a poll of its members:
- 96% believe criminals obtain firearms from illegal sources;
- 72% say citizens should not be restricted from purchasing more than one weapon;
- 64% favor a law allowing private citizens to carry concealed firearms for protection.
Why not just declare “gun-free” zones around our elected officials & save tax dollars by cutting their security teams?
Joshua Boston, a retired Corporal in the U.S. Marine Corps, posted an open letter to Senator Feinstein informing her that he will not register his weapons nor does he believe the Senator or anyone else in government has the right to require him to do so.
I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America. I am the man who fought for my country. … I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public. We, the people, deserve better than you.